MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas client in Basrah a Risk Specialist at least 7 years in the same position is required, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
The Risk Specialist reports to the Iraq HSE Manager.
The primary objective for this role is to lead in their strategy for continuous risk reduction by ensuring that processes are in place to understand and manage operating risk. The principle for risk management is to assess, prioritise and manage operating risks. The Risk Specialist will maintain the high profile of the risk management process and ensure that it is embedded as an integral aspect of operating.
The Risk Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining the risk management procedure, the risk register, the periodic risk review process, and the tracking of risk reduction measures. This will be accomplished through systematic development, application and assurance of good risk management practices that are locally fit for purpose.
- Drive consistent application and continuous improvement (ownership) of the risk management processes and risk management plans.
- Act as the Risk subject matter expert (SME).
- Support Department risk register owners in:
- Implementation of risk process.
- Use of Risk portal and quality of data.
- Preparing for risk reviews
- Liaise with the Departments to support an integrated approach in risk management.
- Report progress against the risk management plan and ensure that department plans are continuously current.
- Support facility barrier health and risk register reviews and provide appropriate challenge.
- Support risk communication through provision of risk materials.
- Implement training for personnel in the risk management process.
- Perform self-verification to confirm i) risk register quality and ii) the risk management process is functioning as intended.
- Quality assure emerging risks, action deferral and risk reclassification submissions.
Note: Risk review/ risk assessments are conducted by the relevant risk owners, but risk specialists reserve the right to facilitate / lead these sessions as required.
- Degree in engineering, safety/ risk management or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of 2 people through influencing, coaching and team-working.
- Strong performance, including excellent analytical and organizational skills, along with good attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to distill key messages in a clear and concise manner.
- 7+ years of Oil & Gas industry experience in a variety of roles that demonstrate skills leading to progression.
- A minimum of intermediate computer skills.
Recognised professional certification/qualification in Occupational Safety & Health.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.