A major global Oil & Gas operator is looking for a Safety Program Advisor to be responsible for promoting HSE awareness and supporting, analyzing and reporting HSE performance data. The candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English and hold a relevant degree in Engineering or other scientific field. The position will be based in Basra – South Rumaila HQ.
- Communication: Utilize communication skills in both Arabic and English to influence workforce in a positive way for HSE compliance. Ensure ROO Supervision is fully updated on relevant HSE related issues including SOPs, ROO procedures and rules.
- Golden Rules: Maintain a deep understanding of ROO Golden Rules. Lead effort for all personnel to comprehend and comply in all respects with the seven golden rules.
- HSE Standards: Pro-actively look for unidentified risks, in addition to addressing the more obvious risk areas. Promote HSE awareness during job planning and when on site.
- Safe Work Practices: Monitor, assist and advise, with emphasis on ROO and internationally accepted best industry practices. Provide support and advice to management and supervision in HSE related matters.
- Safety Culture: Actively promote safe working practices and ensure a ‘Stop the Job’ culture is firmly embedded at the sites.
- Contractor Management: Review contractor work and verify contractor compliance to best international practice and ROO specific policies and procedures; follow up issues with Contractor Accountable Personnel. Perform pre-tender qualification and evaluation assessments. Improve and develop existing process.
- Risk Management: Support the Safety Program TL in managing the ROO Risk Management program, including preparation of presentations and supporting development of risk management plans.
- HSE Reporting: Support the collection, analysis and reporting of HSE performance data.
- Database Support: Maintain HSE Intranet SharePoint Website and associated databases.
- Lessons Learned: Cascade relevant information to all levels of the workforce.
- Incident Investigation: Participate, as part of the investigation team as instructed. Report all incidents to line management in a timely manner.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Essential: Fluent in Arabic and English languages with a high desire to learn and work. Relevant university degree in Engineering or other scientific field.
- Desirable: Ability for written translation of Arabic / English. Health and Safety education, certifications or experience. Experience in ROO or other industrial work environment.