Mselect is looking to hire a Sample Catcher for one of its Oil & Gas service clients to be based in Erbil with below details:
- Sample Catchers ensure the correct evaluation of data by providing the basic item for evaluation – Accurately caught Geologic samples.
- The primary objective of Sample Catching is to assist in the efficient completion of oil and gas wells by providing correctly lagged and reliably labeled samples.
- The following illustrates the general responsibilities of a Sample Catcher with respect to rig site duties.
- To ensure that representative geologic samples are caught throughout the drilling or reaming phases of the well program.
- Perform the collection of cuttings samples, from the proper lagged depths and at the proper intervals as required for evaluation.
- Wash and screen samples, divide them into correct portions, and pack them by sets for the Client, partners and trade.
- Assist in core recovery and packaging as required.
- Keep in mind the basic concept of service; ensure that all tasks performed for the Client meet or exceed the customer’s and ILI’s standards.
- Assist Logging Crew and Data Engineers to perform regular and frequent calibration checks of instruments.
- Assist Logging crew and Data Engineers to perform normal routine maintenance of sensors and other equipment.
- Assist logging crew with rig-up procedures.
- Be aware of safety regulations and procedures as specified by the Client, International Logging, and relevant safety authorities; respect safety regulations in all circumstances.
- Assist in completing Accident / Near Miss investigations as required.
- Be aware of and implement all requirements of the Client’s systems within the scope of operations. The major objective is to provide the best services in order to meet and/or maintain client satisfaction. Ensure that the quality directives are understood and implemented.
07 Personal Behavior
- Build an attitude of teamwork with the other well site personnel.
- Be on time for crew changes and the start of each working shift.
- Ensure that work is not left over for completion by the following shift.
- Remain at well site and continue providing service if relief is restricted or delayed.
- The position of sample catcher is to provide the most basic geological data acquisition on the rig and to assist with all general activities when possible.
- The sample catcher reports directly to the Mud-logging crew who will ensure his duties are performed correctly. This may include on the job training as required.
A Sample Catcher is required to have:
- A Basic working knowledge of conversational English and be fluent in the native tongue of the country in which the work is performed. Have completed the following internal training:
- HSEMS Familiarization Course
- BOSET and HUET training if working offshore
Good communication skills, some experience with mechanical equipment would be seen as an advantage but is not mandatory.
No previous experience is necessary to perform this job.