We are seeking a Senior Accountant on behalf of a leading pharmaceutical company in Iraq. The successful candidate must be a Kurdish native, with fluent English and Arabic. Must have 5 years’ experience in accounting and ideally know how to operate Sage.
Purpose of the role:
Prepare journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger close. Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements. Ensure that all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. Provide assistance to Accounting Manager with external audit and DOI examination. Assist with accounting related DCO and general ledger projects. Assist with special projects assigned by management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilties:
- Receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain project log for Senior Accountant position.
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned.
Required / Preferred Qualifications:
- Have experience with Sage Accpacc
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook and FRx or similar programs.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory accounting.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work product. The individual will work closely with all major functional leaders of the Company.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Three to five years progressively responsible experience in the accounting and insurance industry, preferably in the property and casualty insurance industry.
- Workers’ Compensation experience is a plus.
- Must be Kurdish native with excellent command of English and Arabic