MSELECT is looking for Senior Accountant/Auditor to work for an NGO office in Erbil with occasional travel to other sites within KRI. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for review of paperwork provided with cash and non-cash auditor requests, all cash payments, and donor requirements for the 2017 calendar year and for ensuring full compliance of payment requests.
- Responsible for the reviewing disbursement of cash in accordance with Foundation’s procedures and take corrective measures as appropriate.
- Review the accuracy of the records for the disbursement of cash and ensure that the cashbook was kept up to date for all cash payments and recommend for correction of errors if found.
- Review the transactions documentations and allocations, codes and appropriation, identify missing documentation and amend as appropriate.
- Ensure adequate documentations maintained.
- Review documentations prepared for month closures and bank reconciliations as well as others necessary documents and amend accordingly.
- Review all paperwork, procedures and internal control followed, report with recommendations.
- Ensure adequate referencing and filing of paperwork.
- Review the Implementation of the applicable Foundation, donor and country laws regulations for that year.
- Ensure that all budgets are coded and set up in QuickBooks for that year consistent with the documentation provided.
- Review the assets registers documentations; report any missing or false reporting.
- Create a financial folders softcopy on google drive.
- Perform other duties as necessary, as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, or related subject
- CPA, or CMA preferred
- Good communicator, both in English, Kurdish and Arabic
- NGO Experience preferred.
- Previous Audit experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and E-mail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work in teams with diversity of background, skills, multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.