MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Electrical Technician for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have at least 8 years of relevant experience. English and Kurdish fluency is a must.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
- Authorized Electrical Person with valid certificate.
- Executes all electrical planned and corrective maintenance on client installations in accordance with both local and industry standards.
- Undertakes Low Voltage (LV) and High Voltage (HV) switching in accordance with operational procedures.
- Troubleshoots and fault finding on electrical equipment/systems and on instrumentation and controls.
- Assists in undertaking planned and corrective maintenance activities.
- Provides input in creating and reviewing maintenance procedures, job plans and work instructions.
- Fully conversant hazardous area classification and electrical material classes.
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor – Electrical.
Duties and Responsibilities
Work Responsibilities and Planning
- Adheres to technical governmental and client rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ensures all lifesaving, firefighting and emergency systems are well maintained and are ready for immediate use.
- Conversant and compliant with the client’s Integrated Management System.
- Understands, implements and supports client maintenance strategy and philosophy.
- Administers maintenance work in close coordination with the maintenance planning and scheduling processes.
- Adheres to the client Permit to Work system.
- Participates in Task Risk Assessments, incident investigations, safety meetings and toolbox meetings emergency response exercises/drills.
- Acts as a team-player in the multifunctional operations and maintenance team.
- Maintains proper housekeeping.
- Develops cross-discipline multi-tasking within Production Operations and Maintenance group activities.
- Troubleshoots electrical and related problems both independently and in liaison with vendor specialists.
- Assists third party inspections and Instrument repair services.
- Participates in the Emergency Response organization as required (this may include responsibilities in Search & Rescue and Fire Fighting).
- Contributes to development and implementation of procedures and work instructions for the completion of electrical related tasks.
- Collects data related to power frequency, load sharing, reactive power, negative sequence current values, protection relays logged alarms order to enable analyses the electrical loads and equipment condition.
- Prepares application for work permits and understands and implements the permit conditions prior to commencement of work.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor – Electrical on all issues relating own responsibilities.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all company staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
- Conducts studies to identify areas for improving facilities on a continuous basis in order to facilitate the operations. Recommends improvement actions and practices to senior management.
- Mentor Electrical technicians.
- Supervising contractors and third parties
Educational and Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Electrical Engineering degree.
- HV switching certificate.
- ATEX certificate.
- AEP certified.
Competencies, Knowledge and Skills Required
- At least 8 years’ experience in the oil & gas and/or related industries.
- Proven experience in working with EX rated equipment.
- Excellent communication skill in English (spoken & written).
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Good experience with OJT.
- Time management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Certified Electrical person with experience in High voltage systems and power generation.
- Must be physically fit, able to work under severe weather conditions.
- Able to climb elevated work platforms to monitor/repair electrical equipment.
- Able to react in case of emergencies in order to assure that the safety is not jeopardized.
- High team spirit awareness.
- Self-starter, flexible, initiative, positive approach to all aspects of work.
- Knowledge of electrical/system functions, drawings including HV, switch gear equipment.
- Development on SLD and as built electrical drawings.
- Maintain and improve electrical equipment availability and reliability.
- Authorized as performing authority in Permit to Work (PTW) system.
- Good Leadership skill.
- Competent to carry out LV and HV electrical isolation.
- Good working knowledge of MS office.
- Analytical skills to identify and resolve electrical related problems.
- Awareness of emergency response plans.
- Strong working knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems (such as Maximo) and Integrity (risk based) maintenance procedures.
- Fully experienced in working with safety and basic understanding of local safety management legislation.
- Experienced with oil and gas production equipment and utility systems including pumps, compressors, power generation and related electrical process control loops and systems.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.