Mselect is looking to hire an Electrical and Instrumentation Technical Supervisor for one of it's clients in the Oil & Gas Sector in Erbil to be responsible of running and managing E&I operation of the production facility. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of experience and must be certified in COMP EX and HV/LV Courses along with fluency in the English language.
- Promote safety awareness and application of company MS System, COPs and prime policies
- Ensure subordinate personnel are fully aware of their responsibilities under MS
- Ensure subordinate personnel apply all safety procedures correctly in the workplace
- Contribute effectively to incident investigation, review and reporting
- Use of communication skills shows leadership (oral, teambuilding, recording, noting, handover, analyzing)
- Manage the workload at team level through subordinate staff
- Assess the competence of subordinate personnel using company competence assurance system and ensure continuous and timely progress of subordinate personnel
- Ensure probationary and annual appraisals are completed fairly and consistently in timely manner
- Manage welfare and disciplinary issues at team level with appropriate reference to Superintendent, Field Manager and HR
- Ensures the activities of the team are undertaken in strict compliance with Company standards and procedures and relevant regulatory requirements
- Identify potential sources of hazard prior to dismantling
- Use correct procedures and correct method of dismantling
- Carry out the correct isolation and disconnection procedure
- Identify, check and prepare components
- Make effective repairs without wasting resources
- Apply appropriate tests and test equipment to ensure reassembly is correct and effective prior to reinstatement.
- Carry out test runs on equipment by agreement with Operations
- Clearly record any checks and actions taken in work history/log
- Implementing and enforcing Company Management System policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards and PTW
- Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner
- Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately
- Ensure personnel understand and comply with current environmental regulations
- Monitor and Record the status of all ESD, Fire and Gas Process Control Safety Defeat Overrides, ensuring compliance with guidelines and removal at earliest opportunity
Electrical and Instrument Assets
- Comply with relevant authorization procedures, safe working practices and specific instructions
- Complete maintenance in an agreed timescale, using safe and appropriate methods and agreed procedures
- Resources are planned for and used cost effectively
- Difficulties in implementing procedures are reported promptly to relevant parties
- Operating requirements are obtained and are available for reference
- Adjusted assets comply with specified operating requirements
- Adjustment is made with minimum disruption to any ongoing activities
- Adjustments are made using the specified methods, tools and materials
- Achievement of requirements is monitored and recorded accurately
Monitor of Electrical and Instrument Assets
- Information is obtained from reliable sources using specified methods. (Inspection, documentary information, instrument readings.)
- Monitoring equipment or procedures are used correctly
- Monitoring is conducted in line with specified timescales and schedules
- Monitored outcomes are recorded accurately in the required format
- Comparisons of current performance are made against previous assessments
Diagnose Faults in electrical and instrument assets
- Respond promptly to problems in line with approved procedures
- Select appropriate tests and diagnostic procedures and apply them methodically
- Clarify the nature of problems with engineering products/assets
- Determine the cause and extent of problems in the performance and condition of products/assets
- Use the results of inspections to determine the appropriate actions to take
- Record an accurate and full description in the appropriate document history
- Demonstrate through exercises and scenarios, knowledge and awareness of emergency response techniques
- Demonstrate knowledge of potential impact of incidents and scenarios on CPF / Wells safety and security
- Contribute effectively to preparation of useful exercises and to post exercise/ incident review and investigation
- Carry out Emergency Response role
Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven experience and/or qualified to HNC/HND in instrumentation and/or electronics, or recognized local technical school equivalent.
- Minimum of 3- 5 years’ experience of which 2 must be at supervisor level.
- Supervisory experience of Permit to Work, Mechanical/Electrical Isolation Standards and Risk Assessment.
- Experience and knowledge of hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities.
- Experience in Safety and Environmental Management Systems.
- COMP ex E’X’ Course ( valid evidence/certificate required )
- Courses achieved : HV Protection and HV/LV Switching ( valid evidence/certificate required)
- Appropriate emergency/incident Team Leader training and experience.
- High level understanding of industry HSE practices applicable to job role.
- Proven ability to work effectively within a management team.
- Good English language communication skills, spoken & written.
- Experience of working in a high H2S oil & gas facility is desirable.
- Experience of working in a project environment.
- Experience working with and training subordinate staff.
- Competence Assessor experience and familiar with the competence assurance processes.
- Leadership: Good safety behavior and supervisory skills.
- Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language.
- Capable of motivating multicultural teams. Flexible in applying different approaches to work demands.
- Technical: Appropriate standard of supervisory, technical, and professional knowledge as defined by competences.
- IT: Good familiarity with computerized maintenance recording systems.
- Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of internet and electronic mail system.