The role will ensure the robust execution of field project related works (civils, construction, mechanical) with company standards and procedures that ensure safe and responsible project execution in field locations.
Reporting to the Project Execution HSE Advisors the role holder will be the conscience of the activity set ensuring that company values are visible and living in the works being undertaken.
The role holder will operate in the fields, liaising with Project Execution Advisors to plan his schedule in accordance with the volume and risk level of project works. ole holder will be a Kurdistan national coached by the Project Execution HSE Advisors. Depending on his successful progression through the company HSSE competence framework, it will be incumbent on him to work independently.
- Company Values live in field
- Working with company and contractors to ensure that the company Values of Report, Intervene, Comply and Help are part of how we execute projects.
- Ensures full compliance with companies safe working practices and EIA commitments in field.
- The conscience of the execution works with a direct operating reporting line to Project Managers and a functional reporting line to the Projects’ HSE Manager.
- Input and execution of plans
- Active input into the daily and forward plans of project execution through Permit to Work Planning meetings with Site Superintendent and site HSE resources and contractor supervisors.
- Ensures contractors’ HSE plans, agreed by company, are complied with at all times.
- Engagement in forward looking risk assessments of project execution work.
- Assist in the planning and supervision of SIMOPS activities (concurrent drilling, construction and production).
- To provide training and coaching for contractors’ safety advisors and for the contractors where required.
- Provide training and coaching for national company Project staff to develop their skill sets to assist them to drive HSE into the line.
- Compliance requirements are understood for company Policies and standards. Monitoring of behaviors related to Life Saving Rules and ensuring violations are recorded and dealt with as per procedure.
- Focus on behaviors to promote safety culture with emphasis on company RICH value set.
- Safety meetings and contractor company pre-job safety meetings are routinely held with a focus on risk management.
- High risk situations can be identified, documented and a risk mitigation approach taken to assist facilitation of work.
- Daily HSE inspections are routinely made
- Full and proper application of the Permit-To-Work System is in place at the site. Routine tasks not requiring PTW are fully covered with agreed and signed off procedures.
- Safety Drills are routinely and effectively carried out with lessons learned implemented to ensure improvements.
- HSE and nonconformance event investigations are properly conducted and where applicable recorded in Synergi.
- Work closely with the Contractor supervisors and management to promote a continuous improvement in HSE standards on site.
- 5-10 years HSE experience in HSE with at least 2 years spent in a construction environment.
- NEBOSH Certificate
- Demonstrable field based experience in project execution activities.
- Sound understanding of HSE risks and controls for onshore project execution programs including but not limited to civils works supervision, lifting and hoisting supervision (LOLER level 3 training preferred), permit to work, safety observations.
- A permit to work in project execution processes specialist.
- Working with contractors in challenging conditions (contractor personnel with substandard safety culture, terrain, weather).
- Able to identify and rectify emerging risks before they impact the project.
- Working knowledge of industry HSE standards.
- Focused on risk management and mitigation activities.
- Excellent English written and presentation skills.
- Capable of delivering ‘Knowledge’ and ‘Skills’ level training in HSE practices in construction related activities.
- Investigation of non-compliance events as well as accidents and incidents should they occur (demonstrable knowledge of such practices through experience).
- Passionate safety leader, dedicated to full compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- An HSE leader by example.
- Delivers on agreed objectives, on-time and to agreed quality without being prompted.
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to achieve results in a small organization through initiative and taking accountability
- Open communication style
- Team skills, keen to involve others and to value their input.
- Open and honest when problems arise to ensure rapid solutions are found and implemented.
- Ability to self-deliver when needed.
- Passion and ability to develop others
- Ability to manage emergencies
- Treats others with respect
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.