We are urgently looking to hire a Senior Manager Core Transmission Network Planning & Optimization with minimum of 10 years of experience for one of our international Telecom clients to be based in Tehran, Iran.
- To lead core transmission network planning and optimization team such that the best customer experience in the market is assured.
- To maximize TVO by offering CAPEX/OPEX saving solutions in the core transmission network planning & optimization.
- To map out a technology roadmap for technological evolution and migration in line with global technology trends.
- Willingness to keep track of global technology advancements and stay abreast of standardization work of relevant industry bodies.
- Understanding regulatory environment.
- Understand trends in the broader national telecommunications environment.
- Integrate requirements from multiple internal and external stakeholders to provide the relevant bearer services to support business growth.
- Relationships with Regulator, Incumbent Operators, and all the required third parties key to effective delivery.
- Negotiate contracts with all third parties to deliver the required backbone capacity in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Lead the optimization of the core transmission network resources to reduce the OPEX of leased capacities.
- Ensure all the transmission network design auditing to ensure deliverables are met according to customer growth figures (provided by marketing and other planning sections).
- Design and develop methodologies, plans, policies and procedures for transmission network planning and optimization.
- Enhancing transmission planning and optimization processes and providing expertise guidance.
- Control the budget directly related to transmission network expansions and upgrades.
- Ensure capacity and functionality requirements are maintained timeously and ahead of traffic for the core, access and IP transmission network elements:
- Development of policies on the deployment of selected equipment.
- Oversee and approve detailed Product and Service design (route sizes, etc.).
- Oversee and approve equipment configurations to be ordered from supplier(s) including cost control.
- High level planning (brainstorming with all relevant departments) of the transmission network (Core, Edge and Access etc.):
- Develop the Traffic metrics for 3 years planning.
- Deliver a target product and services architecture with a 3 years time horizon taking global technology developments into consideration.
- Evaluate the development of fundamental technical plans namely redundancy, security, synchronization, optimization.
- Oversees the issues relating to resource requirements to complete critical design tasks.
- Ensures development of own department budgets based on robust analysis linked to clear priorities.
- Balance requirements from Business, Product Development, Multiple BSS vendors, Core vendor and internal business users.
- Lead team to balance and coordinate between internal business requirements and multiple turnkey vendors.
Supervisory / Leadership / Managerial complexity:
- Motivate staffs
- Development of talent - builds strong and deep skills.
- Communicate actively throughout transmission Planning group.
- Oversee the assigning of resources.
- Provide Leadership for the team of individuals working on the planning of all SDH, PDH, PtMP and IP transmission systems for the Core, Edge, and corporate TX Networks.
Independent thought and Judgment:
- Need to adhere to the delegation of authority as determined by CTO, NWG.
- Equipment selection within the boundaries of the Procurement policy.
- Writing and approval of planning/design policies.
- Reviews end products and ensures that analysis is correct and prioritised in line with Company strategy.
- Lead Transmission Planning department.
- Lays out process guidelines and deadlines for budget milestones.
- BS Degree with working experience equivalent in telecommunications or any other related field.
- IP/MPLS and security certification advantageous.
- 10 years in Telecommunications, with 5 years in a planning environment.
- Leading cross-functional project teams, with at least three years at a senior management level.
- Project Management experience or diploma an advantage.
- Transmission courses relating to SDH, ATM, GSM etc.
- IP/MPLS, IP security certification.
- Management training.
- GSM Basic.
- Knowledge of vendors and suppliers capacity and trends.
- Integration of network systems.
- GSM core network elements (MSS, MGW, HLR/AUC/EIR, STP).
- Knowledge of 3G technologies.
- 3G solutions of existing suppliers.
- Integration of network elements.
- Voice Network Design, Basics - GPRS Network.
- Knowledge of systems engineering for lifecycle.
- Equipment dimensioning principles, Telecoms facilities.
- Charging principles.
- Numbering plan, IP/MPLS networks and IP convergence.
- Microwave Planning.
- Point to Multipoint planning.
- Wimax and Wifi knowledge.
- Basic knowledge on the GSM evolution to LTE.
- Understand rating and provisioning systems.
- Understand OSS systems.
- Business understanding.
- Knowledge and application of Industrial Relations policies and procedures.
- Knowledge and application of company policies and procedures.
- Internet standards, protocols and applications a must and Value-added voice services.
- Financial basics.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.