MSELECT is looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical QC Inspector to work with an international oil operator in Kurdistan, 10 yrs relevant experience in similar roles with previous experience in Kurdistan or similar region and with fast track Project deliver, fluency in English is a must.
To provide supervision of QC Inspectors ensuring continuous surveillance inspection of construction and fabrication activities as deemed fit for the success of the project in accordance with the Project Quality Requirements. To improve the effectiveness and performance of Client and Contractor quality control system and continuous improvement using the quality plans Inspection and test plans, quality standards, quality procedures, and work instructions.
- Supervision and deployment of QC inspectors as required
- To ensure that contractors comply with Project QA/QC requirements
- To ensure awareness of and compliance with HSE rules and regulations
- To control and monitor the implementation of the contractor quality plan
- To control and monitor the implementation of the contractor Inspection and test plans
- To follow up on the implementation of action plans
- Ensure proper control/traceability on free issue and purchased materials and that they conform to required specification.
- Produce inspection reports to meet plans agreed with the Project team.
- Provide and record data to measure efficiency, effectiveness and productivity to support delivery of the inspection improvement program.
- Participate in equipment failure investigations to determine the root cause of the failure to increase asset integrity and availability.
- Ensure Contractors’ control and adherence to specification, codes, standards and company Requirements.
- Update internal Database with all information (Corrective Action Requests, Nonconformities and Deviations/Derogations etc) and prepare statistical analysis.
- Determine with the QC Inspector where improvements are required and where necessary recommend corrective action.
- Evaluate Contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers Inspection and Test Plans, long lead items, associated documents and identify any necessary corrective measures.
- Review the “As Built” Dossier for completeness and correctness.
- Recommend repairs as per code and assign inspection intervals to achieve legal compliance and business integrity goals.
- Validate Contractors level of NDE controls and qualification of NDE personnel
- Initiate, discuss with the QC Inspectors and help to promote all necessary corrective actions for any failure identified with the project quality system.
- Attend weekly project meetings, monthly meetings and KOM with Contractors
- Attend selected criticality inspections/test/FAT as necessary to ensure highest level of confidence for the equipment and material being procured
- Review and comment on Contractors and vendors ITPs for procurement, fabrication/construction and manufacturing stages.
- Ensure all nonconformities are resolved, track trends and make recommendations to the Lead QA-QC Engineer for close out.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 10 years' relevant experience in similar roles with Applicable qualification(s) Previous experience in Kurdistan or similar region and with fast track Project delivery. Supervision of Inspection teams.
- Preferred Higher Education (Technical) with either CSWIP, ASNT welding and NDT qualifications must be conversant with welding and NDE techniques with ability to interpret results of NDE with extensive experience in QA/QC welding inspection, including work experience in engineering projects.
- Must have a good working knowledge of ISO 9001 and previous experience of inspection, fabrication and construction.
- Good experience with contractors and suppliers, those involved in the engineering and construction of onshore facilities.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office application, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Should have an organized, systematic approach; able to multi-task and still meet deadlines.
- Be used to working within a multi-disciplined project team/task force.
High standard of verbal and written communications, including: report writing, presentations, diplomacy and assertiveness. Strategic thinking -Decision Making - Listening and reception. Problem Solving – Spirit of Enterprise - Relations management. Flexibility – Excellence orientation. Innovation – Change management. Planning target control – Communication. Experience with latest inspection and monitoring methods, working knowledge of NDT applications, working knowledge of welding and metallurgy related to inspection and assurance, Good working knowledge of Piping Codes ASME B31.3 / B31.4/b31.8/ASME V/ASME VIII/AWSD1.1
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process