MSELECT is looking to hire Senior Petroleum and Reservoir Engineer for an international oil operator client in Erbil, 5 to 10 years of experience as a reservoir / petroleum engineer / production and field operations with experience in supervisory / leadership responsibilities, fluency in Kurdish and English is a must.
The Senior Petroleum & Reservoir Engineer supports the petroleum engineering activities to support moving the current field development to 50K bo pd and beyond. Primary responsibilities include directing the petroleum engineering efforts of the site Development Area, support ongoing field activities such as drilling & completion and workovers, supports ongoing well surveillance, supports necessary revisions to the existing FDP. Some of the deliverable and responsibilities for the job are as follows:
Objectives and Deliverable:
- Stakeholder Coordination - Work with Director of Reservoir Management in field development and delineation activities and with stakeholders to recognize various stage gates including amending FDP documents.
- FDP Execution - Support all engineering work on the site Development Plan. Participate in the construction and implementation of well evaluation programs. Work with drilling and operations staff to provide well planning and execution support as needed. Support operations geology staff in reaching their field development objectives. Support facility engineering in developing production facilities and transportation options such as pipelines.
- Well and Reservoir Surveillance – Supervise local team on data collection and management efforts. Create company-wide database for data sharing and reporting. Provide technical support for daily well testing activities and reporting.
- Technical Analyses – Working with staff, perform nodal analyses, transient test analyses, material balance analyses, and other analyses as required. Support reservoir simulation modelling and forecasting.
- Support an evaluation program to understand the characteristics of the produced oil in the Triassic and Jurassic reservoirs. Ensure proper testing is carried out to ascertain how these oils can best be produced and blended.
- Advise on engineering staffing and support requirements.
- Work with Reservoir and Production teams to establish a training program for local staff – target date is late 2019.
- Willingness to travel as job requires field visits and possible travel to Dallas / Ft. Worth offices and possibly interacting with international consultants performing work for HKN Energy.
- 5 to 10 years of experience as a reservoir / petroleum engineer / production and field operations with experience in supervisory / leadership responsibilities. Experience and expertise with Middle East carbonates is a plus.
- Previous managerial / team leader experience with multi-cultural teams.
- Onshore experience would help in understanding logistical requirements and production challenges in mountainous terrain.
- Advanced Petroleum Engineering degree is preferred
- Experience contributing to the use and specifications of remote well monitoring.
- Kappa Saphir & Topaze
- Petroleum Experts MBal & Prosper
- IHS Harmony Enterprise
- Microsoft Office
- Well Production and Pressure Databases
- Good team member skills
- Mentoring a growing national work force
- Speak and write in Kurdish and English
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.