MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Project Engineer - Mechanical Piping for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Must have minimum 15 years of experience in Project Engineering role, and fluency in English is a must.
Seeking an experienced national Mechanical Piping Senior Project Engineer for the delivery of wells piping hook-up engineering & construction works, preparation of MOCs & commissioning works, the Project Engineer to be based in Erbil Office in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The Project Engineer will be joining an international and dynamic working environment characterized by experienced, skilled and motivated employees.
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at company and are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership programme. The Project Manager will play a key role in this area.
- Supervise and interface with various engaged design and/or construction contracting companies and provide coordination with company internal stakeholders.
- Project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control, quality assurance, quality control, document control, health, safety, and environment (HSE) design and management and approvals management.
- Produce and manage plans and schedules and ensure they are delivered on time and budget.
- Perform engineering tasks for the well hook-up works.
- Perform the MOCs required for the works deemed required in the brown field environment.
- Perform the technical evaluation during tendering phase.
- Provide commissioning support where necessary, including procedures, checklist and system boundaries, plus in field management and hands on involvement.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and recommending actions.
- Regular trips to company sites are required plus other offices outside Iraq where necessary to interface or assist with larger projects.
- Support effective handover and closure of project contracts.
- Convincing academic background within one or more engineering discipline(s) of which process/mechanical/Instrumentation should be core.
- >15 years of experience in Project Engineering roles within the oil and gas industry.
- Have a wide range of technical skills and experience and a practical knowledge of the Mechanical Piping Engineering Discipline.
- Hands on experience with construction and commissioning.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.