MSELECT is looking to hire a Procurement/ Supply chain officer to be based in Karbala-Iraq for our client an international industrial company. The candidate should have 2-3 years’ experience in the same field plus speaking fluently English and Arabic.
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority
- Invite, assess, and award/recommend supplier tenders, bids, quotations, and proposals
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements
- Assist in the development of specifications for equipment, materials, and services to be purchased
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies
- Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices
- Address staffing resource needs and supervise purchasing clerks
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with colleagues and management
Skills and Job requirements
A Procurement Officer should have the following skill sets: communication, active listening and learning, reading comprehension, coordination, judgment and decision making, organization, time management, writing, service.
A Procurement Officer should have knowledge of supply chain, production and processing, customer and personal service, relevant tools and technology, applicable regulations and standards, administration and management, Arabic and English language is required as well.