A major global Oil & Gas company is looking for a Visitor Escort who has strong communication skills in both Arabic and English to ensure proper reporting and coordination with both Transport and Base Manager. The position will be based on Basra – South Rumaila HQ
Reporting to the Bus Coordinator, Transport Manager and Base Manager, the Visitor Escort is primarily responsible for directing all vehicles into the Western Access Control Point (WACP) car park in the morning and ensuring that all visitors who arrive at ROO HQ are escorted from the Main Bus departure terminal to the South Rumaila ROO Headquarters. He/She will be responsible for welcoming all visitors and escorting them onto the visitor’s bus to the business lounge until ROO sponsors collect them. On visitors’ return he/she will ensure that they are quickly transported back to the Western Access Control Point Bus Terminal. Also will assist in keeping the bus terminal building and business lounge to an extremely high standard of cleanliness.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Must be impeccably dressed and wear high-visibility vests when directing traffic into the car park.
- Ensure guests are greeted in a warm and friendly manner, and liaise with the Bus Coordinator to book them on the visitors register.
- Keep in contact via radio or telephone with the Bus Coordinator and Receptionist regarding visitors arriving or leaving the business suite.
- Escort visitors onto the visitor’s bus and accompany them to the business lounge.
- Offer and make drinks for guests on arrival whilst awaiting their sponsor if the receptionist is occupied.
- Prepare drinks if sponsors and guests require refreshments during meetings held in the business lounge if the receptionist is occupied.
- Assist clearing away table after meeting and stack used dishes for the service contractor to remove. Clean tables and tidy chairs, etc. after use.
- Liaise with the Receptionist when visitors are ready to leave and insure they are escorted promptly onto the bus and back to the Western Access Control Point.
- Liaise with the Bus Coordinator to send a replacement visitor’s bus immediately to replace the one that left.
- Log out visitors on the register who have left ROO HQ if the Bus Coordinator is unavailable.
- At the end of each shift, place radio batteries on recharge so they are ready for the following day and defects reported to the Bus coordinator.
- Recharge mobile phone if required.
- Ensure you and Bus Driver are on standby and able to react to urgent requirements from ROO HQ when called upon.
- Liaise with the Bus Coordinator on the day following visitors arriving, prior to end of shift and early morning of any changes made during the late afternoon and evening.
- Manage and administer the visitors, ensuring their welfare and working environment are both safe and healthy.
- Alert the Bus Coordinator or Receptionist of any works requests or problems at the bus terminal and business suite building and surrounding area.
- Report any persons not adhering to ROO health and safety or security policy.
- Alert the Bus Coordinator or Receptionist of any complaints or issues that arise.
- Ensure that the business lounge building is kept immaculately clean by the current Life Support contractor and carry out quality inspections.
- Ensure that sufficient refrigerated bottled water and beverage making facility are available for visitors.
- Ensure all visitors have left prior to leaving work, or inform Security and Transport Manager they are still at ROO HQ.
- Respond immediately to any reasonable request from the Bus Coordinator and Transport Manager or Base Manager.
Experience and Qualifications
Essential: Candidate must have a warm and calm demeanour with excellent communication skills, impeccable time keeping and general common sense. He/She should have suitable experience in dealing with important clients.
- Experience and knowledge of health and safety rules and regulations.
- Good computer skills and able to use MS Word, Excel, and Outlook well.
- Self-motivated and keen to succeed with an ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Experience in working with high level clients and working within a team.
- Methodical problem solver who is able to motivate others to work as a team and produce results.
Skills & Character
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing in Arabic and English languages
- Driving licence (preferred).
- Good organisational skills.
- Able to deal with a variety of different visitors.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Able to implement regulations in a calm and understanding manner.
- Able to maintain good standards of cleanliness in the working area and ensure colleagues follow procedures in health and safety regulation.
- Initiative to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to manage a varied workload.
The role requires a strong communicator with smart appearance, good written and verbal English and Arabic language skills with ability to command the respect of his team.