International oil & gas operator is looking for a Senior Well Site Geologist. Minimum 5 years of experience in similar field with fluency in English and Kurdish.
Provides onsite operational support to the drilling team by analyzing rocks from the oil and gas wells and identifying formation into which drilling should take place.
Project Planning & Execution
- Prepares daily geological and mud logging reports. Familiarization of the prognoses well programme, all available regional data (including nearby offset wells), and the drilling programme reports, and awareness of any special operational problems (i.e. unconsolidated formations, over pressured drilling conditions).
- Coordinates with the senior members of drilling team on issues concerning the well objectives, programmed core intervals, the borehole logging programme, and special recommendations.
- Oversees the description and interpretation of both chromatography and fluorescence shows. Supervises and controls the mud logging unit.
- Performs analysis of the drilling parameters and interpretation of the changes in the rate of penetration.
- Proposes changes in the casing points, coring and logging programmes based on correlations and Interpretations.
- Performs the quality and efficiency controls of the wireline logging operators.
- Assures that the equipment, supplies and spare parts of the mud logging unit are in accordance
- Supervises all the mud logging processes and operations while drilling and coring, and making.
- Ensures quality control of the wireline logging programme, and monitoring the efficiency of the operation by means of the spreadsheet included in the utility diskette.
- Provides support to the exploration team in formation evaluation & preparing final well reports
- Reports to Direct Supervisor on all subsurface related issues.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all Crescent staff.
- Continues to develop own professional expertise through optimising on-the-job and additional training and experiential opportunities.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
Bachelor of Science degree in Geology or equivalent
Minimum Professional Experience Required
Minimum 5 – 10 years related work experience in the oil & gas industry
Specific Requirements and Conditions
Candidates with experience in Iraq/Kurdistan region will be preferred