MSELECT is looking to hire a Senior Wellsite Geologist for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Must have minimum 15 Years of providing Wellsite Geology services and Excellent communication (written & verbal skills) in English
- Ensure effective communication between all parties involved in the execution of Geological Operations programs at the well site.
- Ensure Company Drilling representative is informed of all Geological information pertinent to optimize and safe execution of the drilling program.
- Ensure company procedures and contractual terms are complied with onsite.
- Ensure reliability, accuracy, completeness and confidentiality of the data acquired
- Ensure the accuracy of the reporting of all matters related to the operations supervised
- Job holder will ensure operation geology support at rig site to fulfill well objectives.
- Job holder will ensure geological description of drilled formations (including fluid identification) - Job holders will supervise data acquisition program, and coordinate workforce of contracted services (essentially but not exclusively: mud logging, M/LWD and wireline crews).
- Job holder is the direct interlocutor of the Drilling representative
- Job holder evaluates the performances of the services companies in his domain of activity and validates the job tickets
Number of people under the supervision of the Job holder: 8-10 (ML, WL, LWD)
- Knowledge of Company HSE policy, rules and procedures and in particular ISO14001 standard.
- Observance of the company HSE policy, rules and procedures.
- Promotes HSE standards in all wellsite formation evaluation acquisition activities
- Participation to HSE activities and global improvement (e.g. referential, reporting, audits, HSE action plans…)
- Contributes to the COMPANY Asset Integrity initiative by reporting any anomaly, defect, bad practice, lack of equipment, lack of competence that could result in a major HSE incident or loss of production.
- Participates actively, through the interpretation of all available data, in the identification and evaluation of drilling hazards (losses, gains, overpressure, H2S, swelling clays, etc.)
- Takes on site decision to initiate coring, intermediate logging, to continue or halt drilling at casing points, etc., after the approval of Well Geology and Operations Petrophysics Entity.
- Supervise geological operations and various well data acquisitions (mudlogging, logging, M/LWD, coring), control quality and validate the data.
- Integrates all available data for optimized well steering and adjusts accordingly drilling targets while drilling. - Performs preliminary interpretation of reservoirs at the wellsite (quality, content), either during or at the end of a drilling phase, to optimize operational decisions.
- Supervises the conditioning, labeling and transportation of all the rocks and fluid samples collected during the course of drilling.
- Ensures the proper communication between the mud logging personnel and the drilling crews, particularly regarding mud pit level monitoring.
- Contributes to the training of junior geologists.
- Uses, improve, and develop specific interpretation techniques.
PERSONNEL AND EQUIPMENT
- Supervises geological operations personnel and ensure that all equipment provided by contractors are in line with the program and contracts.
- Carries out audit and quality control of equipment and services provided by contractors.
- Witnesses operations and communicates on all issues to ensure safe optimized decisions for data acquisition. - Supervises and ensures regular testing and sensors calibration of Mud Logging equipment.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
- Guarantee and validate flow of wellsite data to the base.
- Write up and keep updated all the documents and reports regarding well monitoring and geological operations.
- Take part actively to the write up of the End of Well report.
- When at the office, contributes to any Well geology and Operation Petrophysics activity: well preparation, SQM, experience feedback, write-up of operating procedures, COMPANY and contractor's facilities visits. - Evaluates and quantifies petrophysical characteristics of the formations and their contents in close collaboration with Petrophysicists.
- Description of the environment in which the job is performed, in particular the constraints and/or positive/negative drivers applying to the job
- Intensive development of mature fields, appraisal and potentially nearby exploration in the field
- Challenging well planning in already intensively drilled areas, with complex geological, structural and pore pressure variations along the wellbore
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor of Earth Sciences minimum (or equivalent).
- Technical competencies in Operations Geology/Subsurface, Drilling (especially Managed Pressure and Underbalanced Drilling operations), Mud Logging, M/LWD and Wireline Log acquisition, Quantitative interpretation, Reservoir geology, Structural and sedimentary geology.
- Excellent communication skills with both internal & external interlocutors.
- Full Safety Certification including survival, medical, HSE and H2S safety related training
- Minimum15 years varied experience in wellsite geology operations, with a proven background in Mudlogging, or M/LWD, or experience with an Operator.
- Wellsite Geology experience within Kurdistan, having sat on at least 4 wells within Kurdistan.
- Wellsite Geology experience of drilling and evaluation of Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic sequence with specific focus on fractured carbonates, and MPD & UBD drilling operations.
- Proven mentoring/training skills and ability to train local staff.
- Full understanding of wireline logging operations and basic formation evaluation techniques, with high emphasis on wireline log QA/QC.
- Full understanding of M/LWD operations, and latest tool technology, especially LWD Imaging Tools. - Experience of land based VSP operations (Rig Source, Offset VSP and Walk Away/Walk Along VSP Surveys).
- Proven background and understanding of Pore Pressure detection and basic analysis.
- Geosteering experience, especially in fractured carbonate environments.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- Independent stand-alone professional with subsurface degree with 15 years plus relevant experience in wellsite based operational skill base, with a good geological and petrophysical background.
- An in-depth knowledge of all aspects of formation evaluation services and their risks, well placement and steering techniques, pore pressure techniques and methodology.
- Ability to understand all the elements of a multi-disciplinary team.
- A confirmed specialist in wellsite geology with potential to evolve to another professional discipline, such as operations and development geology/petrophysics/reservoir engineering.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.