Senior Workover and Testing Engineer is required for international oil & gas operator with minimum 10 years’ of completion and testing experience to be based in Erbil.
Designs, supervises and implements completion operations to help maximize the production.
Completion & Testing
- Determines primary and remedial cementing procedures along with the design of horizontal and multilateral wells.
- Supports operations by handling completions and well testing operations and analysing data.
- Provides input into the specification of completion, well testing and well intervention related equipment and services in accordance with company procedures.
- Provides technical leadership in the design of cost-effective well testing programs, data quality assurance systems, enhanced well testing interpretation models, innovative reservoir characterization/well testing studies, and comprehensive data archiving programs.
Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensures compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within the feasibility analysis function to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high quality products/services and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Ensures the effective achievement of Reservoir Development functional objectives through the leadership of the Reservoir Development team – setting individual goals, managing performance, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – to maximize subordinate and departmental performance.
Reporting and Communication
- Reports to the Supervisor/Superintendent on reservoir development issues.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with all company staff.
Continuous Development of Position
- Leads a culture of continuous improvement and promotes modern technologies that would increase productivity and reduce cost.
- Conducts technical research to be utilised for field development, exploration and drilling plans.
- Recommends subsequent actions to top management.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor degree in Geology or related subject preferably with a higher degree (i.e. Master or PhD)
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- 15 years of related experience, minimum 10 years of completion and testing experience
SCOPE OF WORK
- Prepare required programs and follow up the testing operations. Provide support to rig personnel when required on technical matters.