MSELECT is now offering a rare opportunity to be hired as a Policy Government & Public Affairs (PGPA) Senior Advisor for one of the biggest international oil & gas companies in the world. The successful candidate must hold a solid experience of 10 years in the management of the position titled. The chosen candidate will join the international company in its head office in Erbil capital, Kurdistan Region.
Support the company's business in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) by leading the strategic planning and execution of the all aspects of Policy, Government & Public Affairs (PGPA) activities in support of building the company's reputation and supporting business operations, including: government affairs, issues management, community engagement, social investment, external/internal communications, advertising and sponsorship.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with KRG officials, key ministries, governorates (Erbil, Dohuk and Sulaymaniyah), parliamentarians and key players within the political parties
- Create trusting business relationships with key stakeholders, opinion makers and thought leaders in Erbil, Dohuk and Sulaymaniyah.
- Advocate the company position with key KRG stakeholders
- Monitor and advocate the company's position on key regulations and policies that may impact the company's business in KRI.
- Provides the company with management advice and guidance relating to government affairs
- Ensure timely approvals from ministries for all matters related to business operations
Community Engagement and Social Investment
- Support KRI PGPA Manager in development and implementation of community engagement programs in KRI that enhancethe company's image and reputation among KRI communities and key stakeholders; ensures programs are aligned with the Corporate CE global themes
- Build and manage relationships with key community stakeholders
- Support KRI PGPA Manager in all internal and external messaging and communications.
- Ensure that the company's KRI reputation and brand are managed through advertising, speeches, messaging, media relations, exhibitions and internet presence.
- Manage the organization of the company's participation in conferences, in-country community events, and its executive visit
- Support KRI PGPA Manager in the development and implementation of comprehensive communication and media relations plan; managing implementation of various media related and advertising programs to enhance the company's corporate image and reputation in KRI including drafting, approval and timing of new releases, response statements to media inquiries and news articles in coordination with internal customers, EEME PGPA and Corporate Media Relations.
- Forge working relationships with media at all levels and ensure appropriate coverage of the company in KRI. Review communication material prepared by PGPA and other groups for publication or other external use.
- Serve as a spokesperson when appropriate and media adviser to other managers and staff when needed.
- Graduate degree, preferably in international relations.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of working with international/ government bodies
- Excellent language skills – English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal and team skills are required
- Excellent contacts at different levels of Kurdistan region and a high degree of familiarity and knowledge of the complex "political" environment in the KRI, understanding the political and economic decision-making process.