One of Mselect's international leading clients in the telecom sector is seeking to hire a Legal Counsel to help the current legal team in Iraq manage legal business matters pertaining to the organization according to detailed internal policy and regulation of the company both in the South and North of Iraq. And to provide a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to the legal team of the Company. This position directly reports to legal manager. The base location is Sulaimaniyah and/or Baghdad.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide legal advice for all departments within the company.
- To take part in review and/or draft and/or negotiation of the contract (including templates), i.e. sales agreements, purchase agreements, distribution agreements, MOU, NDAs.etc.
- To conduct legal research and/or procure the legal compliance report respecting all areas of Iraq laws including but without limitation to, corporate management, labor, and taxation.
- To conduct management of external lawyers.
- To provide legal training, or to arrange external lawyers to conduct legal training internally.
- To represent the company under authorization at the governmental and non-governmental offices (including but not limited to visit police stations and other security forces offices).
- To deal with legal disputes involving the company under authorization.
- To handle other legal issues assigned by legal manager.
- To play active role within the legal team and be able to work independently.
- Have sound relationship with local public authorities, judicial bodies, bar association and external law firms.
- Have more than 2-year legal practice; experience in telecommunication will be preferred.
- Have a good command of Laws of Iraq.
- Fluent in English and Arabic/Kurdish. English will be the working language.
- Computer literate and be willing to develop his skills and attend training when required.
- Flexible in travelling.