MSELECT is looking to hire a Site Security Officer for a major global Oil and Gas client in Basrah, 3-5 years of experience of working in commercial security is preferable, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
The Site Security Officer will form part of the static site security team, the SSO’s primary role will be
Access Control. Secondary roles will include the assistance to the organisation Operations and HSE regarding Person on Board (POB) protocols, the delivery of mandatory HSE briefings, augmenting vehicle inspections and incident control procedures. On occasion they may also conduct additional HSE or Security duties.
- Provision of the access control at the designated static site.
- Assist with Person On Board procedures at the relevant project location.
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to: person and vehicle search, incident response, conflict resolution, liaison with OPF and FSO, translation/interpreting as and when required.
- Provision of site specific HSE briefings to staff and visitors as and when required.
- SSO may also be required to conduct additional HSE or Security duties.
Development of strong working relationships with multiple entities, including both Iraqi and expatriate staff and contractors.
- Iraqi national
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Personable and patient, ability to strike up rapport with both local and international people.
- Calm under pressure and able to resolve disputes firmly but fairly.
- Previous experience of working in commercial security is preferable.
- Presentable, physically fit, diligent and self-motivated.
- Good presentation skills – delivering site induction.
- Computer literate – MS Word & PowerPoint.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.