We are urgently seeking to hire an IT/Networking Engineer for one of our clients in the oil&gas sector. The ideal candidate must have 4 to 5 years of IT maintenance experience, willing to work in a remote location, and must be fluent in Kurdish, English and Arabic.
Purpose of the role:
Installs, configures, and supports Microsoft physical, Virtual servers, local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN) and Internet. Oversees the daily performance of computers, servers and network gears Sets up equipment for employee use. Ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software. Monitors network and communication systems to ensure network availability to all system users/IP phones and performs necessary maintenance to support network availability. Installs and performs minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications. Refers major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service. Assists in network modelling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. Responsible for IT security, firewall, network operation continuity, VPN, load balance and user access right. Reviews technical manuals, confers with users, conducts computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems. Reports to the IT Manager.
- Network Infrastructure Administration
- Manages all Networking, server and communication systems at.
- Installs, configures, administers and troubleshoots computers hardware, networks, internally developed applications and other general supported software.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Analyses network data to determine network usage, disk space availability or server function.
- Monitors network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Implements and provides technical support for voice services of IP Phones and private branch exchange.
- Performs servers’ data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software or other network and system problems and replace defective components when necessary.
- Maintains and updates an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Aids in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executable, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Takes care of the communication devices, Internet access with FOC/VSAT to make sure the smooth & continuous operation of Business at KM as usual.
Reporting and Communication:
- Reports to the IT English and Kurdish fluently, Arabic is added advantage to have Must be physically fit, able to work under severe weather conditions, able to climb towers, ladders and stair cases to elevated work platforms to monitor/repair process equipment Manager on all issues relating to IT network administration.
- Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all the staff.
- Continuous Improvement of Position.
- Researches new technologies by attending seminars, reading technical articles, or taking classes and recommend changes to improve systems.
- Bachelor of Engineering in IT/Computer science is desirable.
- 4 to 5 years’ experience with sound knowledge on MS servers and networking equipment.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish, Arabic is a plus.
- Must be physically fit, able to work under severe weather conditions.