Summary of key functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Monitor the financial management of sub-recipients (SR).
- Implementation of the resource mobilization strategy.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, guidance to sub recipients and other partners on financial matters.
- Efficient logistical services management.
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial activities, financial recording/reporting system and audit follow up with NGO’s rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of the financial resources management system.
- Routinely monitors financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions, and investigates anomalies or unusual transactions. Informs supervisors and other NGO staff at Headquarters of the results of the investigation when satisfactory answers are not obtained.
Ensures monitoring of sub-recipients financial management for effective financial management and project reporting:
- Under the Operations Specialist, develops standard operating procedures (SOP) for the NGO/GF management unit, the National Programmes, the sub recipients and the sub-sub recipients
- Undertakes regular training sessions for the above mentioned bodies in familiarization of the standardized financial reporting tools
- Reviews SR contracts to ensure financial and legal compliance.
- Assists the Operations Specialist in overseeing financial transactions with sub-recipients and other project partners.
- Recommends strategies for the improvement of financial, management accounting and information systems within the unit and of the project partners and helps implementing solutions.
Ensures implementation of the resources mobilization strategy focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provides training to project staff on application of NGO’s internal control framework advice to Program and Project Staff on different donor reporting requirements; monitoring of financial reports to be submitted to donors.
- Under, the Operations Specialist supervision ensures that financial procedures in place comply with the financial/accounting and procurement procedures of the GFTAM program.
- Assists the project team to ensure an effective information flow between finance and non-finance actors (on Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM), PR, LFA and sub-recipient level) in order to effectively links the Unit results to expenditures, as required by the GFATM.
- Assists the Operations Specialist to prepare quarterly and annual reports to donor for financial report.
- Application of Financial Control Framework.
- Fund projects and activities.
Impact of Results
- The key results have an impact on the overall project administrative management, smooth running of finances and success in implementation of the project strategies. Accurate analysis and coordination of projects administrative and finance activities enhance NGO’s position as a strong development partner.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics or related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience at the national and international level in providing management advisory services and/or managing staff and operational systems.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages. Hans-on experience with Atlas would be an advantage.
- Fund projects an advantage.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish or Arabic.