MSELECT is looking to hire a Supply Chain Specialist for an international oil operator in Erbil, the candidate must have minimum 5 years of experience in purchasing experience with emphasis on oil and gas industry, Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for managing the full cycle of procurement activities, including both pre-ward and post-award contract management. The position will interact with other departments to resolve issues and meet customer requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the t the entire procurement cycle to ensure all activities for supplying all materials, works and services as required by the Project and dictated by the end user departments / Contract Holders
- Interact with end user departments / Contract Holders on demand planning, develop procurement plan
- Develop procurement strategy per respective category;
- Conduct market research and screening;
- Carry out pre-qualification of suppliers / contractors;
- Develop RFI (Request for Interest / Information, RFP (Request for Proposal), ITT (Invitation to Tender);
- Develop criteria of commercial evaluation of proposals;
- Develop commercial evaluation and RTA (Recommendation to Award);
- Develop standard contracts, contract templates, frame agreements;
- Perform call outs / call offs;
- Prepare contract amendments, change orders, manage change orders, manage contract claims;
- Contract close out;
- Ability to resolve day-to-day issues and situations that arise as related to procurement activities.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Aggregation of demand / volumes for materials, equipment, works and services for gaining potential discounts within economy of scale;
- Monitor regional and country market situation;
- Develop respective category and sourcing strategy;
- Maintain up to date vendor / supplier data base per respective spend category;
- Monitor supplier / contractor’s performance throughout contract execution, rating suppliers / contractors, ensure contract compliance with key suppliers, develop and implement supplier performance scorecards;
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase productivity in response to ever changing business needs.
- Champion the use of best practices for procure and source.
The position requires strong analytical and persuasive skills. Routinely influencing external suppliers is a fundamental responsibility of this position. Identifying and resolving differences between company and supplier objectives as well as the customer requirement, involves regular contact with supplier management and decision makers. Management of the internal requirements is a key role of the position. Specifications, quality, delivery, cost requirements need to be understood and managed.
- Responsible for supervision of Buyer
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics or related discipline or relevant experience
- At least 5 years purchasing experience with emphasis on oil and gas industry
- Technical knowledge of oil and gas equipment, oil field services, construction and installation works is preferred.
- High standard of spoken and written English, Kurdish and Arabic.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.