Our international oil & gas operator in Kurdistan looking for a Supply Chain Supervisor with minimum 12 years’ experience in a similar field.
Directs all Supply Chain activities of the Company, for drilling operations ensuring highest quality of safety of personnel and security of Company assets.
- Market survey for availability of materials and services to support drilling operations
- Responsible for procurement of in country materials required for drilling
- Puts in place contracts for hiring of equipment, fabrication etc. for drilling operations in line with DOA and local compliances
- Supports the HQ procurement and drilling team
- Custodian of all drilling related procurement and materials management systems and procedures
- Responsible for all function related controls and process management including software implementation
- Co-ordinates with Drilling rigs to ensure timely availability of materials and services
- Priorities, allocates and monitors work carried out by warehouse staff.
- Supervises warehousing functions such as the storage of materials and items ensuring the proper physical conditions of warehouse and equipment.
- Receives materials including returns from end-users into the warehouse and coordinates with end-users for the carrying out of inspections in order to confirm compliance
- Monitors the quality, quantity, expiry date of all received materials and ensures these materials are placed in their proper locations
- Facilitates the issue of suitably authorised requisitions to meet end-users requirements, ensuring that they are provided feedback if issue is not possible due to prior commitment or stock shortage.
- Provides periodic reports to accounts team regarding receipt and issue of materials
- Responsible for stock verification
- Provides work directions to warehouse staff in order to ensure effective completion of work to time and quality standards.
- Determines type of preservation required for materials received and allocate appropriate bin location in order to ensure optimum storage conditions in line with requirements and to facilitate retrieval.
- Coordinates with rig Logistics/ Materials Man for the shipping of materials to site locations and returns to suppliers including the preparation and finalisation of all documentation required to facilitate shipment.
- Supervises operation of materials handling equipment/systems in order to facilitate the movement/recording of warehouse materials, ensuring all standard operating procedures are observed and that equipment/systems are properly maintained.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
Health Safety Environment & Quality Compliance
- Ensures all operating, safety, environment and security procedures are followed in order to ensure the highest standards of warehousing operations are achieved.
- Pays particular attention when handling hazardous materials including toxic chemicals and explosives.
Continuous Improvements of Position
- Continuously acquires knowledge and skills in procurement and warehousing operations.
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or equivalent; Degree in Engineering will be an advantage
Minimum Professional Experience Required
- Minimum 12 years Oil and Gas industry experience (upstream)
Special Requirements and Conditions
- Any certification in warehousing / logistics / Supply chain would be an added advantage