MSELECT is looking to hire a Wireline Instructor for one of its major international oil and gas clients to be based in Ahvaz, Iran.
The Wireline Instructor ensures that the Wireline Engineers are proficient to help safely deliver and maintain a high standard of service to our clients. The Wireline Instructor provides the support, guidance and training to Engineers to fulfil their Field Engineer training requirements and ensures conformance to established operating processes, at the wellsite and within the base. He is a mentor for Field Engineers within the Geo-Market and is acknowledged as an expert.
- Promotes a safety awareness culture within the operator community.
- Provides support to management in controlling REW specific QHSE risks (radiation, explosives, pressure).
- Trains and develops Engineers to be able to conduct unsafe act and hazardous situation audits / identification.
- Leads by example – conducting planned unsafe act audits, self- and cross-departmental quality audits, completing and encouraging others to complete Risk Identification Reports and pursues environmental initiatives.
- Through wellsite visits and training continuously pushes to optimise the safety and efficiency of operations.
- Dresses tidily and in appropriate PPE and ensures Engineers do likewise.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client information and ensure operators do likewise.
PEOPLE and TRAINING
- Do specific location oriented Wireline training for JFE to cover: PEPTEC 1, PEPTEC 2, MAXPRO, etc. syllabus.
- Alleviate the lack of SLB support through a personalised training, almost ONE on ONE given the small group for all Wireline engineers, maintenance and DCS.
- Conduct the on job training using a ready designed land well, or perhaps a customer training facility which has as rig and well.
- Propose the schedule; organise the school for initial JFE training.
- Delivers every two weeks an evaluation report of the progress and performance of the JFE.
- Evaluation report for all training done for WL engineers, DCS & maintenance.
- Organise and deliver a training schedule and materials for all WL training needs from FE up to GFE.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Bachelor or Master University degree in Engineering (Petroleum, Mechanical, Electrical Eng. are preferred).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience.
- Must have experience with international oil and gas service companies.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.