Mselect is hiring a Technical Author/Writer for one of its Oil & Gas service clients in Kurdistan. The candidates must have a minimum of 10 years of writing standard operating procedures for chemical/petrochemical/LNG/Oil & Gas plants, and have at least 5 years of experience in a Technical Writing position. Travelling costs, accommodation, and meals will be covered by client.
- Work closely with subject matter experts and other key personnel to develop/revise user documentation and technical bulletins for all product lines.
- Release and maintain user documentation according to internal document control procedures.
- Edit technical illustrations, photographs, screen shots, and sketches for use in user documentation, technical bulletins, and other documents.
- Assist with development of standardized work instructions for the Engineering department.
- As assigned, respond to documentation related Engineering Action Requests and Corrective Action/Preventive Actions.
- As required, review other engineering documentation for structure, clarity, grammar, punctuation, and adherence to corporate standards.
- Liaise with other departments e.g. Operations and Customer Service
- To understand the purpose of Health and Safety regulations and ISO quality procedures and work accordingly
- To ensure that Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and that considerations are given to improve safe working practices.
- B.A. degree in English, Writing, or Technical Communications from an accredited college or university. Equivalent degree in another field may be acceptable if a strong comprehension of English and the elements of technical writing can be proven
- 10 years of experience including 5 recent experiences in the writing of technical documents.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator and a graphics editing program such as Adobe Photoshop.
- Highly detail-oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to present technical concepts in written form for readers with various levels of expertise.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to merge information from multiple departments into coherent documents.
- Self-motivated and committed to producing quality, informative technical documentation