MSELECT is looking for a Technical Project Manager for a global security solutions provider to be based in Iraq. The chosen candidate must have more than 10 years in project management, at least 5 of which with Oil & Gas companies. The purpose of this role with the Technical Projects team is to manage key clients as well as providing management, advice and guidance to junior members of the team.
Tasks will be varied and will incorporate many functions within the business focusing on project delivery and business development. The main place of work will be the Iraq, although project commitments are likely to require work throughout the Middle East, sometimes for extended periods of time.
Given the fluid nature of the Technical Projects service line, the job will requires a significant level of flexibility to support the whole team as required.
Management of key client accounts
- Ensure existing contracts are being managed on time, within budget and exceeding client expectations
- Sustain and build upon current level of business
- Identify and build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop client trust and reliance for the company as a provider of choice
- Identifying and following up on genuine business opportunities with existing clients
- Linking current projects to future follow-on opportunities
- Develop relationships and trust with key clients as identified by the line manager
- Find prospective clients and create new business meetings
- Write proposals to generate new business
- Provide subject matter expertise, mentoring, advice and direction to all FTE and contracted project staff as well as other Technical Projects team members
- Oversee technical design and delivery, providing the senior focal point for staff and clients
- Ensure adherence to best practice wherever possible
- Ensure a high quality service is provided to clients with maximum return on investment
- Oversee the technical input into reports, proposals and other marketing material
Project technical delivery (This includes working on different projects in the role of:)
- Project Manager
- Subject Matter Expert (e.g. writing technical reports)
Project Coordination (Overall accountability for the following responsibilities related to the project to include:)
- Project Delivery
- Client management
- Liaising between sub-contractors and internal departments such as HR, finance and travel
- Time sheets
- Managing sub-contractors
- Administration, such as:
- Managing suppliers and overseeing payment of invoice
- Manage customer invoices
- Update project reports and plans
- Provide accurate project related information on activities to line manager or Head of Service Line as required to meet reporting requirements
- Provide supervision of junior team members of the technical projects area including role modelling behaviour and performance and leading on disciplinary matters where appropriate.
- Carry out appraisals process for full time members of the team.
Background and Qualifications
- 10+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years of Oil and Gas industry experience
- Experience of managing project with contract value of at least $1m
- PRINCE2 or PMP
- NEBOSH qualified
- Professional teaching qualification
- Internal verifier qualification
- 9 Weeks on / 3 Weeks off rotation
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.