A safety and security solutions company is looking for a Technical Project Manager to be based in Erbil with below requirements:
Purpose of Role
The Project Manager is responsible for all facets of project delivery including full commercial and technical accountability, The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates resources and their activities to ensure that project goals or objectives as defined in the project plan are accomplished within prescribed time, funding and quality parameters.
The Project Manager works closely with the Company’s technical authority, procurement, HR, project support office and executive leadership team to ensure project objectives are understood and robust project controls are in place to achieve outcomes and provide sufficient reporting on status and key decision requirements.
Leading the project team to actively source and build the required local and regional delivery capability. Work with suppliers and subcontractors to meet project scope and quality requirements.
Key tasks and responsibilities
Business and Customer Management
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with the customer, including on a strategic and medium-term level (i.e. other than operational day-to-day issues)
- Identify potential incremental business with the customer and take action to share the information and assist in closing the business
- Establish and ensure that Company’s meets the contract and customer expectations (and agreed acceptance criteria), and thereby secure the customer’s satisfaction with our work to enhance Company’s’s reputation
- Management of the contract
- Ensure that Company’s and its subcontractors fulfil all their contractual obligations to the customer in a professional, cost effective and timely manner. This includes managing subcontractors contractual obligations and performance
- Ensure that Company’s achieves and improves on the planned financial return from the project delivery;
- Lead and manage the project and take responsibility for its successful implementation and final systems acceptance
- Managing the Project
- Organize the project appropriately, obtain commitment to resources.
- Ensure that the relevant stakeholders for all phases of the project lifecycle are identified, involved and obtain their formal commitment to their obligations to the project
- Produce project plans and quality plans as defined by the Project Support Office (PSO)
- Ensure that deviations or enhancements to the scope of Company’s’s contracted obligations are handled through a formal change control process with the customer.
- Produce and publish agreed records of all actions arising during the project and track them to conclusion.
- Ensure all HSE policies are adhered to throughout the project timeline.
- Obtain signed acceptance certificates from the customer for all deliveries
- Manage the project finances in accordance with the policies as set out by the PSO.
- Generate invoice requests at the contract milestones, ensure collections of payments and approve all appropriate incoming invoices.
- Ensure that any sub-contractors provide regular and effective reporting and are monitored, managed, and provide deliverables to adequate quality
- Produce regular reports for Company’s management, distributed in accordance with project communication plan; and customer status reports [as required by the contract]
- Ensure your direct reports have terms of reference for their roles and record delegation of work, complete staff performance reports for your team in accordance with the requirements of Company’s’s Performance Management regime
- Ensure that arrangements are made for deputizing in your absence
- Generate and maintain the risks register and proactively manage threats to avoid additional risks
- Capture, store and analyze standard project and process metrics (as defined for all the subsidiary or business unit activities).
- Ensure that escalation processes are in place to swiftly alert project and line management to critical issues and serious operational events that might either damage Company’s’s reputation with the customer or in the marketplace, or lead to adverse media attention
- Keep an appropriate archive of all important data, records and decisions relating to delegation of work and key decisions (including correspondence and e-mail), as a controlled part of the project file.
- Experience and capability to manage projects with values exceeding >$10 million
- 15+ years professional security, technology and construction industry experience in Middle East or African markets.
- More than 5 yrs experience of working in the GCC region is required along with experience in the successful delivery of project implementations valued at >$5 million
- You should have demonstrated the ability to independently take the appropriate actions and correct decisions when faced with significant issues.
- Relevant Engineering Degree or Qualifications, PMP or Prince certification is an advantage
- Proven track record of project engineering & delivery of technology-led solutions
- Strong understanding of commercial and contract management
- Strong client management, planning and leadership skill
- Must be willing to work in Iraq, UAE and the GCC.
- Must be fluent (read and write) in English.
- Must have an international driving license.
- Must have no restrictions for employment within countries Company’s conducts business.
Note: Only qualified candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.