MSELECT is looking to hire a Technical Site Engineer for an international development consultancy in Erbil. 3 to 7 years of experience with farm cultivation and management of vegetables crops. English and Kurdish fluency is a must. Arabic is a plus.
The site engineers will be responsible for technical matters related to implementation of demonstration projects. The technical site engineers will be based in Erbil/Kurdistan Region, and will follow up on site implementation in the region.
- Support in project technical planning, design and implementation
- Demonstration sites technical support in planting and crop management and protection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Verification assessment visits, to conduct on-site visits for prospective partners to ensure the eligibility through inspecting the land, source of water and electricity and other requirements
- Monitor Construction Activities, conduct field visits to sites to follow up, identify, evaluate progress and report emerging findings with focus on solutions
- Assist in plan, design, and supervise the building of the greenhouses, irrigation, drainage, and water-control systems in addition to checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed and if implemented correctly
- Assist in the development of designs of system and their equipment, using computer-aided design technology
- Test system implementation and inspection
Elevate the beneficiaries’ capacity and skills through the following:
- Delegate work and oversee quality of work and provide guiding feedback to support our partner’s growth and work plan implementation
- Participate in workshop to provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity and quality
- Provide beneficiaries with required skills and knowledge on how to carry out regular maintenance of the greenhouse hardware and growing system
- Enhance the beneficiaries’ in safety measurements (dealing with pesticides, nutrient solutions …etc.).
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship though regular follow-up i.e. Irrigation plan, nutrient solutions quantity & plan, pesticide control plan, and harvest plan
- Water Quality, follow-up plan for water quality and issues related to management, control, and recycled drain water
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Horticulture University degree
- 3 to 7 years of experience with farm cultivation and management of vegetables crops
- Experience in greenhouses cultivation
- English and Kurdish. Arabic is a plus
- Communication and writing skills, and use it of internet and emails
- Ability to organize field days with farmers and support their needs
- Experience with development programs is preferred
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.