A major and well-known shipping company is urgently looking for a Tele Sales Representative with minimum of 3 years of experience in shipping or logistics/transportation industry in a sales position with customer service responsibility and having very good communication, interpersonal and English Language skills who will be responsible for organizing, coordinating sales activities and contribute in the improvement of sales productivity.
Overall Job Purpose:
Responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts, increasing the share of wallet with existing customers, generating new business on named account basis and provision of excellent customer service in order to maintain and increase levels of customer support.
- Increase share of wallet with the existing telesales customers and generate new business on named account basis.
- Organize telephone sales activities with existing accounts.
- Coordinate sales activities with the appropriate overseas import sales team maximizing information exchanges, best practice sharing, sourcing of additional leads and leveraging of cross trade business opportunities.
- Ensure that related bookings are processed, cargo is tracked and traced, cargo reports are produced instructing terminals on the loading of containers, and reports are generated as required and in accordance to UASC standards and defined procedures.
- Carry-out the delivery of pricing quotes in response to customer queries as well as production of manifests, bills of lading, and other documents required for the export of cargo which are error free, and in accordance with required timescales, UASC standards and defined procedures.
- Contribute in the improvement of sales productivity and in the optimization and maximization of the freight earnings and the volume.
- Ensure that all security/customs requirements are fulfilled and that all export cargo can be loaded/discharged in accordance with the manifest.
- Ensure all export documentation activities adhere to legal and market requirements.
- Take ownership of all customer complaints relating to export customer services, investigate and resolve such complaints, and follow up with customer to ensure satisfaction with the outcome in cooperation with the Agency Sales Team Leader – Telesales.
- Guarantee usage of available systems and tools, including especially 360.
- Carry out all necessary duties to ensure target results set by the Commercial Manager and sales team are met, sourcing new leads and ensuring fulfilment of customers' requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Act as an integrated unit in procuring business from customers, and in providing excellent customer service and support along with the rest of the export sales team.
- Provide input, as required, and as part of periodical reports or team alignment meetings for the sales strategy, reporting activities and performance of the export sales organization.
- Produce and issue reports with regard to miscellaneous issues that may arise with a particular booking (terminal storage, gate charges, rolling fees and custom charges, etc.)
- Conduct relevant market intelligence and build up market knowledge to utilize in sales activities.
- Fulfilment of volume, revenue and contribution targets.
- Quality, timeliness consistency of customer services provided.
- Successful customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Customer satisfaction.
- Sales leads generated.
Communication and Working Relationships:
- Direct reports: None.
- Working relationships: TMU teams, sales staff (internal sales and customer service) which is allocated to the customer team, Finance and Operations Department, Other Agencies/Clusters, SSCs.
- Customer and vendor counterparts.
- Sources of information on export and shipping business/markets.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or adequate education preferable.
- Education in sales/marketing is an asset.
- Relevant experience (preferably more than 3 year) in servicing customers in shipping or logistics/transportation industry in a sales position with customer service responsibility.
- Customer service orientation.
- Understanding of export business environment and customer segments/commodities/industries.
- Sales and service capabilities.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Product knowledge.
- Computer/MS skills.