The Drilling & Completions Manager is for an international oil operator in Erbil to join their subsurface and production teams to plan and design all required new well developments. Read more below
The Drilling & Completions Manager provides leadership and direction to the team of Professional Engineers and Well Operations staff tasked with delivering the planning, detailed design and safe and efficient execution of all wellbore related activity. This includes input to the creation of field development plans that will generate economic reserve growth opportunities and maximize net income and cash flow for the company. As a member of the Technical Directorate Management Team, the position is responsible for contributing to the development of the company’s Iraq’s oil and gas strategy and the operational plans and business processes required for optimal economic development of hydrocarbons and the corresponding delivery of projects.
To provide oversight and approval for all required well programs and develop contracting strategies for equipment and services.
- Responsible for efficient delivery of all objectives associated with drilling, completion and testing operations. Ensure Drilling and Completion activities are prioritized effectively and that teams execute plans and projects in accordance with the established schedules.
- Ensure design and operations are carried out in accordance with the company’s HSSE standards, the company’s Well Engineering standards and country legislation.
- Collaborate with the Technical Directorate Managers and share responsibility for the creation and maintenance of all required Field Development Plans. This includes document management, obtaining Ministry of Natural Resources approval and the integration of Field Development Plan commitments into the internal planning and budgeting processes.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Drilling & Completions Team, ensuring the group is appropriately resourced and that skills and expertise are developed to support the delivery of business objectives. Promote continuous improvement in the development of technical
- expertise, commercial astuteness and innovative thinking. Establish the work plans and priorities for all efforts required to support field development activities as described in the Field Development Plan.
- Contribute to business performance stewardship with rigorous cost management processes for all functional AFEs.
- Provide input and support to the Leadership Team members in the planning, development and implementation of the company’s Iraq’s strategy and business plans.
- Represent the company’s Iraq in technical matters with partners and Ministry management. Take a lead role in the Technical Committee meetings and be a key member of the company’s management team in the Operating Committee and Management Committee meetings.
- Share knowledge and learnings with other Drilling & Completions professionals both in Abu Dhabi as well as internationally. Interface with other technical communities in the Abu Dhabi office and internationally to ensure best practices are defined, shared and put into place.
- Promote and facilitate the development of strong working relationships and effective communication between the Technical Directorate and the Operations teams in country. Provide coaching and mentoring in areas of expertise across the organization. Interface with other the company’s functions to ensure holistic, cross-functional solutions to problems
- Facilitate the development of highly positive relationships and effective communication links with The Ministry of Natural Resources, other regulatory/government organizations and within the industry. Represent the company externally through membership in industry forums, attending conferences/seminars and participation in industry initiatives.
- Participate in the evaluation and technical review of new developments/acquisitions and in activities related to securing associated funding and investment. Provide functional input to support Business Development objectives as required.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of cross-company initiatives to develop, engage and retain high performing employees (e.g. talent management programs, training/development programs, succession planning).
- Support the company’s core values of safety and sustainability, pursuit of excellence, trust, working together, and courage and creativity.
• Bachelor/Master of Science degree in Engineering
• Professional designation
• MBA or other related Master’s degree
- 15+ years in the oil and gas industry with solid technical, business and management experience
- Strong drilling and completions engineering and operations skills with exposure to lost circulation, air and foam drilling, extended reach drilling, H2S environments, high rate artificial lift and well life cycle integrity management issues
- Proven track record of successfully leading/managing technical and operating teams
- Experience of working in an Operator environment and in sour crude operations
- Technically conversant and appreciative of goals and objectives of Subsurface personnel
- Good knowledge of oil and gas economics and production operations
- High level of commercial awareness and experience with complex supply chain requirements
- Current knowledge and demonstrable track record of applying technological developments
- Proven high achiever with capacity to successfully manage multiple integrated E&P projects
- Ability to speak professionally and make effective and dynamic presentations on behalf of the company.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to plan and manage resources to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels across the organization
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and gain a high level of professional and personal credibility – internally and externally
- Broad range of operating experiences – drilling environments and operating locals
- International experience particularly in the MENA region
- Experience in Kurdistan would be an asset