MSELECT is looking for a Translator/ Interpreter for a Major International Programme in Iraq. Candidates must be highly qualified translators/ Interpreters with min 5 years of relevant experience to ensure excellent translation between English-Arabic and/or English-Kurdish candidates from both genders are welcome to apply, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Facilitate effective communication between two parties that do not speak a similar language by converting one spoken or written language to another
- Attend conferences and meetings and act as official translator to mediate discussion
- Translate foreign languages for clients in Arabic so they can understand Arabic officials.
- Relay concepts and ideas between languages
- Translate spoken communication to sign language for hearing impaired audience.
- Create a new text in the target language that reproduces the content and style of the original
- Edit and proofread text to accurately reflect language. Use dictionaries and glossaries for reference
- Facilitate communication for people with limited English proficiency
- translate languages at meetings such as attorney-client meetings, preliminary hearings, arraignments, depositions, and trials
- Adapt a product or service for use in a different language and culture
- Accompany foreign visitor and facilitate communication between receiving party and visitors
- Master or bachelor degree in English or Translation.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar role.
- Experience working within the NGO field is an advantage.
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, is required.
- Excellent written& oral communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure, manage time and priorities work to deadlines.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.