MSELECT is looking to hire a Transportation Manager for an international logistics company in Basrah, Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience as Transport or Logistics Manager, Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
Looking for a Transportation Manager to plan and coordinate daily deliveries as per client orders.
To succeed in this role candidate should have
- Thorough knowledge in Logistics, Transportation, and or supply chain management
- Understanding of customs clearance procedures, including shipping documents review, loading and transportation orders and tracking transportation vehicles.
- Candidate should also be familiar with safety processes and legal regulations and have strong knowledge in managing transportation activities and transportation contractors in Iraq.
- Must have strong ability to manage fleet utilization and performance. Ultimately, ensuring that all shipments are handled quickly, safely and within budget.
- Plan and supervise the shipments from ports of Iraq to the end-user facilities.
- Schedule daily and weekly routes, vehicles requirements, transport contractors plans, and delivery plans.
- Coordinate with ports operators and storage yards at the port to ensure proper pick up and distribution of cargo.
- Monitor and report on transportation costs and transportation performance.
- Ensure shipping documents are properly filed, and all transportation record is kept in an organized manner.
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Coordinate for vehicles inspection (Daily, weekly, and timely … as required and as per the schedule).
- Maintain vehicles inspection record.
- Research and suggest cost-effective transport methods.
- Conduct regular safety audits on equipment.
- Organize training and awareness sessions for employees on the route management, planning, escort, and transportation management.
- Prepare Journey Management / Plan and communicate with all concerned parties.
- Keep organized records of vehicles, schedules and completed orders.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation.
- Stay up-to-date with safety regulations.
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, Logistics Manager, or similar role for at least 7 years.
- Must have knowledge in transport equipment.
- Strong HSSE background.
- Knowledge about route management, route survey.
- Knowledge in Heavy lift operations.
- Solid knowledge of supply chain management.
- Experience preparing and tracking orders.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- BSc in relevant field.