An international FMCG company is looking for a Financial Controller to be based in Baghdad.
- Ensure monthly financial closing in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and management reporting including reporting as per local and IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) requirements. Monitor and anlyse the monthly operating results against BP (Basis Point) and PY (Payroll Accounting).
- Manage cash flows on periodic basis. Coordinate with HQ treasury department on regular basis.
- Support in business planning and rolling estimates process including coordination with all departments to ensure monthly cycle is being completed in time with accuracy.
- Support management in preparation and update of internal control policies, standard operating procedures, chart of authority for better internal control among departments as well as control over company’s assets. Also ensure compliance of all existing processes.
- Conduct periodically audits to ensure better internal control among departments.
- Supervise the reconciliation of international key accounts
- Recruit, train, supervise and develop the staff under his/her control
- Support finance manager in legal issues
- Any other adhoc management requirements from time to time.
- Fluency in English is required.
- University degree in Business Administration, Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in similar positions.
- Accounting software experience is a plus.
- Experience in e-banking systems.
- Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.