MSELECT is looking for a Wellhead Operator for an international oil and gas operator in Duhok, Candidates must have minimum 5 years experience in plant processing, fluency in Kurdish is a must.
- The job holder is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the wells and associated facilities
- The job holder supervises and co-ordinates all the production activities on the Well Pad areas meet production and work targets in a safe and efficient manner
- Operates valves on the wellhead and associated facilities
- Monitors and checks wells operating conditions on site in accordance with set schedules, including taking samples, recording readings, looking for leaks, checking running conditions of equipment and position of valves etc.
- Reports any major abnormalities to the Wellhead, Production Team Leader/ Test & Pigging Operator Wells
- Manages chemical injection rates, local stock levels and chemical injection reporting
- Carries out first level maintenance and housekeeping duties as required, including greasing, replacement of minor parts of equipment etc.
- Prepares equipment for maintenance activities as per maintenance schedule
- Ensures a high standard of housekeeping is maintained on site
- Oversees tankers loading and unloading operation and relevant log sheet and report as required
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Petroleum institute graduates, oil field experience
- 5 years practical experience in plant processing
- Knowledge of wellhead operations
- Able to speak Kurdish and English to a reasonable level
- Experience in the application of Permit to Work systems
- Must be available to work on off-shift hours, on a project or emergency basis.
- Preferably have a driver’s license
- Team Spirit
- Make positive contribution to day to day working
- Must be honest in his/her work
- Good communication
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.