MSELECT is looking on behalf of a major global Oil and Gas client in Basra for a Wells Services Team Leader, the candidiate must have 3 years good management and technical Drilling/WO/ESP/all WS area experience, the position is on fixed rotation, the candidate must be fluent in Arabic and English.
- Well Services is a subsection of the Wells team
- Well Services mostly pertain to rig-less activities executed to contractor and company standards
- All the activities have operational procedure
- The WS TL can be is a supervisory and operational position that interfaces in all related areas from A – Z, or management.
- FIELD / OFFICE based Job.
- Reporting directly to the Well Services Manager & WS Deputy Manager.
- Hands on all operational related activities, management of office business.
- Effective support to the Department Operational, Management & contractual business, show high ability to:
- Contractors and people supervision.
- Support all Department’s planning and scheduling business.
- Interface with day to day operations and activities.
- People – job allocation, assigning field personnel to field activities and arranging logistics.
- Administrative duties and updating trackers.
- Maintaining strong formal and informal communication between the field and the office.
- Review of operational reports (Ensuring timely receipt, review, feedback and filing).
- Designate stand in for the review and approval of well intervention programs.
- Participate actively in meetings and discussions pertaining to policies, procedures & programs.
- Attend, prepare for and participate in all technical, operational, management and contractual meetings
- Organize WS-Contractors monthly / quarterly meetings
- Maintain an understanding of department budgets and actively provide strong support in meeting department plans and targets.
- Active follow up to all operational / contractor related action items through action trackers.
- Lead or participate in any project as per a direct request from WS Manager and/or WS Deputy Manager.
Training and development:
- Responsible for progressing all national field and office
- personnel development, training, including but not limited, to the evaluation process.
- Manage training schedules and plans, keeping strong and effective communication with all related stakeholders.
- Accountable for all logistics and/or follow ups related to training.
- Accountable for all other national training / development related business.
- Accountable for administration related to department staff (field and office) employees.
- Effective and regular field audits and site visits, and report submission.
- Prepare / update technical and incident reports / registers.
- Capture lessons learned and update the register.
- Lead the critical operations (all or part of it), as required by the department.
- Keep on an affective oversight on the data management; liaise with the data engineers for data and filing QAQC.
- Support updating Department’s Organogram and chart.
- Support setting Department’s people plan.
- Supporting setting, updating and reviewing Department’s positions JD’s.
- Daily /Weekly / Monthly / Quarterly / Annual reports / KPI’s.
- Other direct request from the WS manager and/or WS deputy manager (line manager).
- Help and support all department’s Contracting Business
- Participate in the tendering / contracting process, including but not limited, to technical evaluations, audits, etc.
- Effective and dynamic follow up to open action items.
- Review / approve invoices.
- Engineering Degree (relevant division) with min. 3 years good management and technical Drilling/WO/ESP/all WS area experience.
- Strong personality and team player, determined, motivated, enthusiastic, proactive, compliance & creative.
- Excellent communication skills, professionalism and good interpersonal skills.
- Organised person, have a strong affinity for tracking and follow-up.
- Strong example of work under pressure person.
- Requires management interactive personnel and networking skills to interface with other departments.
- Ability to understand and work with differing cultures.
- Have supervisory level Well Control (IADC / IWCF).
- Fluent in English and Arabic both written and oral.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.