MSELECT is looking to hire a Wellsite Geologist for a major oil & gas company to be based in Sulaymaniyah, Iraq.
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Provides onsite operational support to the drilling team by analyzing rocks from the oil and gas wells and identifying formation into which drilling should take place.
- Prepares daily geological and mud logging reports. Familiarization of the prognoses well program, all available regional data (including nearby offset wells), and the drilling program reports, and awareness of any special operational problems (i.e. unconsolidated formations, over pressured drilling conditions).
- Coordinates with the senior members of drilling team on issues concerning the well objectives, programmed core intervals, the borehole logging program, and special recommendations.
- Oversees the description and interpretation of both chromatography and fluorescence shows. Supervises and controls the mud logging unit.
- Performs analysis of the drilling parameters and interpretation of the changes in the rate of penetration.
- Proposes changes in the casing points, coring and logging programs based on correlations and Interpretations.
- Performs the quality and efficiency controls of the wireline logging operators.
- Assures that the equipment, supplies and spare parts of the mud logging unit are in accordance
- Supervises all the mud logging processes and operations while drilling and coring, and making.
- Ensures quality control of the wireline logging program, and monitoring the efficiency of the operation by means of the spreadsheet included in the utility diskette.
- Provides support to the exploration team in formation evaluation & preparing final well reports
- Reports to Direct Supervisor on all subsurface related issues.
- Maintains and exhibits excellent working relationships with company staff.
- Continues to develop own professional expertise through optimising on-the-job and additional training and experiential opportunities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Geology or equivalent
- Minimum 5 – 10 years related work experience in the oil & gas industry
- Candidates with experience in Iraq/Kurdistan region will be preferred
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication (written & verbal skills) in English
- Commitment to continues learning
- Full commitment to core value principles (HSE, leadership, people values & ethics
- High degree of self-motivation
- Knowledge sharing
- Strong analytical skills
- Making appropriate decisions with minimum supervision
- Ability to demonstrate honesty, integrity and confidentiality
- Proactive approach
- Alertness and attention to details
- Conceptual and innovation thinking
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the short listing process.