MSELECT is looking to hire an Assistant Chef for an industrial client in Babil. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position. Fluency in English and Arabic is a must.
We are looking to employ an Assistant Chef responsible for the preparation of high-quality Iraqi meals in accordance with company standards, menu specifications and production schedules. He is also responsible for overseeing kitchen workers in the preparation of meals, while meeting required safety, hygiene and quality standards. Will be working closely and side by side with other Chefs and will provide support in the kitchen when the other Chef is away.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledgeable about all Preparation of Iraqi main meals, appetizers and desserts.
- Ensures Recipes are followed and prepares dishes as per the company’s POB and meals averages required.
- Responsible for ensuring meals are served on time.
- Ensure that together with all kitchen staff completes all duties.
- Ensure that the Kitchen runs in a smooth, organized manner.
- Ensure that food is managed in an economical manner.
- Ensures Personal Hygiene standards, uniform code and code of behaviour is strictly followed and complied with.
- Ensures Kitchen Hygiene & Cleanliness is maintained at the highest possible standards at all times.
- Establishes and maintains good work relationship with chefs and kitchen workers.
- Responsible for ensuring all food needs are met in terms of allergies and intolerances.
- Preparing meals for events and parties as requested by the company.
- Applies and follows Contractual obligations, Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures company’s high standards and requirements are strictly followed and maintained.
- Follows Health and Safety measures including code of Accident prevention.
- Responsible for follow-up and supervision cleaning and deep cleaning of all designated Kitchen areas.
- Receives and carries out instructions given by Head Chef and executive administration.
- Ensure that working area is kept presentable and organized at all times.
- Checks all food production equipment for safe and proper operation and uses according to Equipment Operation Manuals and Guidelines.
- Coordinates with co-workers and offers assistance where required.
- Pays constant attention to Safe Work Practices and immediately addresses any unsafe act witnessed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Certified and experienced in Iraqi Food cooking a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position and good knowledge of Continental, Turkish, Asian and Arabic menus.
- Experience working in a kitchen environment
- Good organizational skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Preferably to be from Kirkuk or Kurdistan region.
- Flexible, reliable and responsible.
- Arabic or English additional language preferred.
- Person must be medically fit. Must have the ability to stand and work for long periods in a busy and challenging environment and able to work in a long leave rotation.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process