MSELECT is looking to hire a Branch Manager for an international bank in Erbil. Candidates must have at least 8 years of banking experience and be fluent in English, Arabic and Kurdish, Turkish is a plus.
The Branch Manager is responsible for managing the Bank’s Erbil/Iraq Branch functions, and reports directly to Iraq Deputy Country Manager. In absence of such position he/she will follow the reporting line of the Bank in general. The Branch Manager is responsible to related departments of The Bank’s Head Office, Central Bank of Iraq, and Iraq Country Directorate. Branch Manager is expected to lead, coach and inspire the team to build great relationships with the branch’s customers, in addition to provide the necessary environment for employees to be able to make them contribute to team work and make the Branch profitable and successful.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
To efficiently measure and manage the Branch function, the Branch Manager manages a wide range of job duties and responsibilities. These include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for all aspects of the Branch operations including the business plan process, business development, credit, operational risk, administration, financial control, culture, recruitment, compliance and regulatory matters including adherence to the Bank’s instructions and training and competence procedures.
- Managing colleagues within the branch, developing their skills, empowering them and encouraging them to attain their potential within the bank.
- Interact proactively and confidently with customers, external contacts at all levels and employees within the Bank.
- Develop or support the introduction of new and improved methods of working, products, procedures, or technologies; driving efficiency and risk management.
- Undertake all required reviews, assessments, control checks, evaluations and oversight as required under the instructions and maintain good administrative order within the branch
Skills and attributes
The more common skills and attributes that are most required may include, but not be limited to:
- At least 30 years old
- Having an associate degree in Economics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Business Management, Accounting, Finance and Banking Sciences
- Banking Experience for at least 8 years
- Strong written and presentation skills (English, Arabic, Kurdish preferably Turkish)
- Strong understanding of financial markets, financial instruments and debt instruments
- Knowledge of banking relationships and covenants
- Ability to work autonomously and be part of the broader team
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Excellent time management and organizational ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong client relationship management and customer service skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and other accounting packages
- Strong communication skills, to convey information in a simple and understandable way
- Have strong interpersonal and leadership skills, along with proven experience of managing a well-established team operating in a busy working environment
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.