MSELECT is looking to hire a Budget & Forecasting Planning Analyst for an international oil and gas operator in Dubai. Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English.
Budget and Forecast Planning Analyst has overall responsibility for preparation, delivery and monitoring of actual performance against plan of Kurdistan Business Unit licenses annual PSC budgets and forecasts (circa USD 400 million). Working alongside Asset Managers providing relevant insight to expenditures and assisting with meeting submission of JV Partner and PSC obligations
Budget and forecast processes
- Lead the overall Business Unit process, propose and agree with BU management high level activity guidance and input assumptions.
- Engage with all stakeholders including Asset Managers, functional heads of department and Finance teams to understand the business drivers behind their inputs.
- Verify the accuracy of submissions, carry out a review and challenge with the BU Asset Managers ensuring data is accurate and complete
- Perform the necessary consolidation of submissions for Business Unit purposes. Prepare analysis work and high-quality commentary to present Budgets / Forecasts externally to JV Partners and Government representatives and Internally for senior management including preparation of material for Corporate Finance and Board meetings.
- Identify improvements in the process and make recommendations for changes to drive additional efficiencies
- Strengthen the connection between forecast preparations and actual performance.
- Understand and work with Finance teams to ensure budgets and forecasts are correctly loaded into Epicor and used for reporting purposes
- Provide assistance to the Finance Manager to ensure BU cash calls are prepared and compared to appropriate budgets and forecasts with clear commentary on all variances between actual and budget / forecast
- Identify and communicate any issues early on to Asset Managers
Scorecards and KPIs
- Lead the preparation of the 2021 BU scorecard and KPIs, engage with BU Asset Managers to agree milestones and targets for 2021
- Assist when necessary with Tawke Dashboard inputs and updates for latest forecasts
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Degree qualified in Finance or related subject (minimum bachelor’s degree)
- Knowledge of Production Sharing Contracts in the Oil and Gas industry
- Able to distil large volumes of data into relevant key trends
- Manages well upwards keeping line manager informed
- Good understanding for cashflow management and modelling
- Understanding for PSC cost recovery mechanics
- Good command of the English language
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize deliverables
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills, comfortable and experienced in communicating across all levels of the organization
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process