MSELECT is looking to hire a Business Development Manager for a retail client in Erbil. Candidates Must have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience. English and Arabic is a must, Kurdish is a plus.
The Retail DM is responsible for the effective performance management of the Retail Division, Shop Supervisors and Salespersons.
The Retail DM reports directly to the GM on all sales activities: forecasts, orders, assessment and development of actual and new brands.
The Retail DM responsible for the management of all retail activities, taking overall responsibility for the recruitment, management and support of paid staff and the volunteer workforce. To ensure that shops operating in the designated area achieve set income and profit targets.
- To ensure the effective management of all retail staff and volunteers and to ensure adequate staffing levels throughout the business
- To give support to staff so they have the opportunity to develop their skills in the role and to achieve growth in sales
- To ensure that all performance issues, and other issues within the shop, are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner
- To uphold the reputation of Company by maintaining high personal standards and projecting a warm, appreciative and welcoming attitude towards customers, donors and staff
- To effectively communicate with the shop managers, shop staff, cascading information as relevant. To represent the trading business and communicate externally as required
- To promote a customer care approach within the retail business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently
- To maintain and develop beneficial working relationships with other departments to further the organization’s objectives
- To take responsibility for personal and professional development
- To ensure Management appraisals are completed annually
- Actively promote brands in local communities
- To grow sales profit, and to motivate staff to achieve this same goal
- To develop and grow a customer focus commercial operation including new shops to maximize available assets, planning 2 to 3 years in advance. To ensure awareness and account for competition, retail sector trends and current trading opportunities
- To develop, implement, review and monitoring the retail operating plan and budget.
- To maintain, seek, utilize and analyze management information data to manage performance, seize opportunities and make informed management decisions, taking appropriate remedial action as required to reach and maintain retail budgeted sales and net income contributions and develop and drive the business.
- To ensure all shops are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure and standards
- To manage the warehouse operation
- To develop corporate policy driving display, merchandising, pricing and grading whilst observing high trends
- To monitor stock in each shop, ensuring there are adequate supplies. To identify methods of stock generation in conjunction with the Shop Manager, and to respond to stock concerns where relevant
- To maintain an awareness of the organization’s priorities and promote the work of Company to the Management, shop staff, and the general public.
- Carry out new shop site evaluations and questionnaires
- Ensure shop refits are carried out in accordance with national guidelines meeting relevant time schedules, and ensuring shop standards are maintained on an ongoing basis
- Responsibility for maintaining shops both freehold and leasehold to an acceptable standard, complying with both safety standards and planned preventative maintenance
- To collate information and other statistical reports on shops’ progress, or action planning as required, ensuring timely and accurate reporting of all aspects of administration, following up issues of discrepancies as required
- To take responsibility to ensure the awareness and understanding of the retail Health and Safety and the Equality, and that the Trading Division complies with all relevant legislation
- To instigate and implement new policies and working practices in conjunction with Directors and to undertake responsibility for ad-hoc initiatives, as and where appropriate
- To ensure policies, procedures, guidelines and legislation comply with Company guidelines
- To ensure the safety and security of team, stock, cash and property, implementing effective administration, procedures and security systems throughout the shops
- To be responsible for the accurate completion and sign off of all staff records including salary and sickness reporting
- To undertake all mandatory training as required by Company and participate in appropriate in-service training as and when required
- Maintaining the strict confidentiality of all information acquired
- To undertake an appraisal and personal development review annually and through self-development, continuously update and improve knowledge and competencies
- To be a co-operative and supportive member of staff, ensuring that all members are aware of any issues in the post holder’s workload, which may affect other members of the team
- To manage all volunteers and ensure a strong communications network with the aim of developing effective working relationships. To providing regular feedback to assist with, motivation, performance management and continued support
- To take responsibility for being up to date with current policies and procedures and to adhere to these
- Achieve the sales target allocated to the store
- Participate with the sales executive team in generating sales through high selling techniques
- Conduct sales analysis, follow up on market trends and monitor the competition’s activity
- Produce quantitative and qualitative sales report
- Be present in the shop floor to generate sales and handling VIP customers
- Build and maintain guest experience standards in order to build strong loyalty
- Ensure consistency in customer service delivered and handle all complaints
- Identify customer potential needs and use initiatives to meet those needs
- Enter all received goods in inventory and ensure proper record of all stock movements
- Order and replenish all goods to avoid any out of stock situation
- Supervise the replenishment process to avoid and report any over stock along with the suggested corrective action
- Prepare for the inventory
- Maintain high standards of Visual Merchandising housekeeping in term of cleanness, display, lighting and stock rotation
- Implement all merchandising as per the brand’s visual merchandising guidelines
- Conduct daily walkthroughs to check presentation standards
Skills and Competencies
- Destination & Compass – Has written business goals, has written strategic plan, writes compelling SMART goals and is committed to them, knows what must be done and why, has a developed action plan and follow the action plan, has determined possible obstacles and has a plan to deal with the obstacles, has check points and debriefs daily, and continuously monitors performance in sales closures.
- Outlook – Believes in self, company and marketplace and is passionate about learning and growing. Takes responsibility for own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges, does not take “no” as failure, but as an opportunity to succeed.
- Communication –Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution. - Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. - Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process