MSELECT is looking to hire a Civil Engineer for an international oil and gas service client in Erbil, Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of immediate previous Oil & Gas pipelines experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
Department, Section, Team
Directorate for Capital Construction, Temporary HQ Section.
Management of Contractors and Consultants site works for Projects of Directorate for Capital Construction.
Organization of Management of the construction and repair / rectification Projects of the Directorate for Capital Construction and their timely delivery in compliance with the Normative documents as per Schedule and Budget.
The Civil Engineer shall be reporting to Head of Temporary HQ and will not have any reportees He / She is appointed and dismissed from his / her position by the decision of the Operating Director in agreement with Director for Capital Construction and Chief Engineer.
- Management of site works for the various Projects under Directorate for Capital Construction
- Monitor the Project progress as per approved Project Schedule Report any variances and risks as well as suggesting mitigation measures
- Monitor and report Contractor’s performance
- Project Progress Management 40%
- Project Risk Management (Identification and Mitigation) 30%
- Project delivery on time 30%
- OMD, HSE and Security Directorates of the Company
- With Consultants, Contractors, Suppliers and other service providers within the scope of CCD contracts
Regulation of Activities
- Applicable Legislation of the Kurdistan Region and the Republic of Iraq
- Company Internal Normative Documents related to the assigned Business area
- Occupational Health and Safety requirements and Fire Safety requirements
- Regulations of the Directorate for Capital Construction
Other Job Requirements
University degree in civil engineering
- Knowledge of civil Method Statements and Inspection Test Plans
- Knowledge of repairing / constructing Pipeline Right of Way
- Good working knowledge of Earthworks associated with Pipelines e.g. Berms, Soil Cover, Rip-Rap, Gabions, Slope stabilization, Pipeline Coatings etc.
- Performing inspections and continuous monitoring till final inspection
- Through knowledge of concreting and associated excavation, steelworks, formwork of foundations, pedestals tec.
- English fluent
- Kurdish desirable
- Russian will be an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of immediate previous Oil & Gas pipelines experience
- Ability to perform in a multi-cultural / multi-national work environment
- Proficient in MS Office and MS Projects
- Skilled in using offsite Project Management and Reporting tools and techniques
Degree of Mobility
- Regular travel to the construction sites and operational facilities of the Company
- Minimal international travel Domestic business travels
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.