MSELECT is hiring a Cost Analyst – Projects for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience and be fluent in Arabic and English.
Support the Senior Project Cost Engineer in ensuring proper recording and forecasting of Projects costs for the Business area. Report costs to Finance and Management.
- Cost Analyst will assist the Senior Project Cost Engineer in the business area he/she is responsible for including the following tasks:
Actuals / Invoice processing
- Ensure prompt and accurate processing of supplier invoices in accordance with contract terms with onward routing for technical and financial approvals.
- Review Finance Ledger transactions on an ongoing basis, generating journal entry requests in to Finance when required.
- Manage the bi-monthly actuals upload to the Project Cost Tracking Management tool.
- Review, validate and issue monthly payment certificates for internal Project approval.
- Validate call off requests and facilitate approvals from relevant stakeholders.
- Generate Purchase Requisitions through Maximo.
- Assist in the maintenance and population of the Projects Cost Tracking Management tool in line with the Projects WBS/CBS.
- Assist the Senior Project Cost Engineer in the ongoing exercise to drive down the Projects ageing accrual.
Criteria & Qualifications
- Cost analyst role for multinational company (2+ years) would be advantageous
- Oil & Gas industry experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and information skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn new processes.
- Good understanding of Oil &Gas Accounting Practices a plus.
- Good Computer skills – including Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Excel skills are essential for this role
- Competence with Financial systems – experience with SUN / Maximo a plus.
- Good English language speaking and writing skills.
Department / Function
- Senior Projects Cost Engineer
- Rotational 14 days on / 14 days off (12 hours a day).
To develop proficiency in the end-to-end process of a cost analyst role and ensure that all significant activity and related accruals are correctly recorded in the company books in accordance with the terms of the “Technical service contract” (TSC) and International Accounting Standards.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.