MSELECT is hiring a CoW & SIMOPS Superintendent for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience and must be fluent in English.
Senior Operations Manager
Operations & Maintenance
The CoW Authority is responsible for leading the organization in all aspects of CoW
The field is presently being producing via a 5 well Early Production Facility with oil being transported via road tanker to an offloading facility and transferred into BOC export pipeline system. The next stage of the project is related to the full field development in three phases
COW & SIMOP Superintendent will direct, lead, supervise and co-ordinate the team of COW staff to ensure all Operations and Maintenance functions are carried out safely and efficiently in line with the overall Production functional objectives and asset plans. There will be a requirement to interface with EPC Contractor to ensure safe controls of work during parallel construction activity.
Utilize best business practice to provide COW, managerial and engineering support to facilitate and enable the facilities and resources being used to optimum effect, safely and effectively, in meeting the company's business needs.
COWA Manager will become involved to lead the setup of PTW and SIMOPS protocols and other systems during the project phase inclusive of full Risk Assessment Database population.
The job objective is to
- Establishing and maintaining a pragmatic and fit for purpose control of work system consistent with industry best practices, to enable the safe and efficient execution of work for all operations - greenfield and brownfield.
- Setting the strategic direction including feedback to the client Leadership Team on improvements in control of work standards.
- Acting as the authority for all control of work-related issues, the role provides leadership and technical excellence in control of work within the project.
- Managing the CoW Team to oversee the efficient and effective day to day operation of the Project Control of Work system.
- Ensuring that the control of work system is aligned with risk management processes including identifying issues/gaps and establishing plans and interventions.
- Ensuring that a robust process is in place for measuring the effectiveness of and conformance with the control of work system.
- Leading the development of the local national CoW Team.
- Providing input to incident investigations on CoW related factors to ensure that actions are developed to drive learning and prevent reoccurrence.
- Acting as Contract Accountable Manager (CAM) for contracts which support the of operational CoW system.
- Managing budgets associated with the maintenance and development of CoW standards.
- Support any Accident / Incident investigations led by the HSSE Team.
- Establish daily COW reporting to line management ensuring critical operations are clearly identified and mitigated by either postponing works or mitigating via alternate methods i.e. Risk Assessments.
- Carry out Emergency Response role.
- Establish dashboard reporting to ensure performance monitoring and improvement.
- Complete any other tasks that is related to COW efficiency as directed by your line Manager.
- Manage Scope, Quality, Cost and Time for the capital projects portfolio
- Work closely with contractors, internal and external stakeholders.
- Pre-Operations and document development experience essential.
- HAZID and HAZOP experience preferred.
- Experience of working in an Engineering Office Environment.
- Interface with Planning Engineers essential.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the CoW policies to support an efficient and effective operation.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems, processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Facilities Projects Team
- Operations and Maintenance team
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement
- Basra Oil Company
- Vendors & Service providers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent
- Professional certification or accreditation in HSE – preferably NEBOSH
- Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) and Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) competent.
- 12 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
- Significant experience in an operational capacity in the oil and gas industry.
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferred
- Experience working CoW issues in Wells, Operations, greenfield and Brownfield Construction.
- Experience working with electronic and paper permit systems.
- Experience is the application of Human Performance principles in support of CoW and risk reduction.
- Experience of working in a JV including culturally diverse environment would be a significant advantage.
- Experience of implementing behavioral change in support of the improvement CoW standards.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Track record of leading capability change.
- Mature influencing and conflict handling skills
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers in a multi-cultural environment
- Presentation skills essential
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process