MSELECT is hiring a Deputy Fields HSE Manager for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 10 years HSE experience with at least 5 years spent in a Managerial/Senior Supervisor role and be fluent in Kurdish and English
- All Field Locations and Erbil
- Fields HSE Manager
Direct report from
- HSE Coordinator / Snr HSE Technician
HSE Management team, Security team, Operations Management team, Site Production and Maintenance teams, Contractors, Site visitors, including: Government Officials, Corporate and Partners
Supports the Fields HSE Manager in all field-based crews and activities including plants, rigs, construction and other field-based activities. Supports and coaches field leaders and crews towards compliance with legislation, company and internationally accepted HSE practices. Participates in development of annual HSE Plans for field agreed with production operations management and takes personal and joint responsibility for delivering the plan including the development of remedial interventions to bring the field back on track if deviations from planned performance are observed. Provides value added challenge to Field Managers on HSE towards delivery of agreed performance and Standards. Actively participates in the development and coaching of national HSE staff
Risk Based Planning
- Supports the Fields HSE Manage in delivering HSE Plan and agreed Team and individual KPIs and provide to the HSE Manager ongoing evidence of compliance.
- Guide development and implementation of interventions where performance deviates from plans applying the ALARP principal.
- Champion Self Verification auditing and other key initiative to improve HSE through engagement with stakeholders
- Takes joint accountability with Fields HSE Manager and field management team for the successful on-site implementation and promotion of company HSE policies and procedures.
- Works with Site leadership and Erbil to roll out and implement company programs and Standards in field.
- A key advisor and mentor to the site management team on HSE issues, the subject matter expert on site.
- Provides HSE input at site planning meetings and ensures that existing and emerging HSE risks and issues are brought to the attention of site management and Erbil management if required.
- A vocal advocate and active supporter of management of change (people, process and plant)
Safe Systems of Work
- Support the development and implementation of site Safe Systems of Work (including PTW system) and provide training as required.
- The subject matter expert in SSoW
- Ensures application of company and internationally accepted practices and an audit process to deliver prompt corrections of deficiencies.
- Assists in Assessment of Field HSE Team Training and Development needs.
- Evaluate effectiveness of both Internal and External HSE training providers and programs.
Accurate and honest reporting
- Ensures accurate an on-time reporting of all incidents Beacon.
- A champion for the use of the company reporting system, Beacon on site and monitoring of quality close out of actions on time.
- Ensures the accuracy of weekly and monthly required reports BU HSE Manager
- Ensures investigation of incidents according to company standards and supports investigations on site.
- Develops and implements (with field management) the Level 1 emergency management plan.
- Coordinates with the ER Advisor on the delivery of robust and practiced level 1 emergency team (including on scene commanders) through a documented system of drills both tabletop and practical.
- Support local Contract Representatives to monitor and intervene with contractors where performance deviates from plan and Standards do not meet those agreed.
- Develops positive relations with contracting companies whilst retaining the ability for rapid and stern intervention when required.
Leading by example
- Demonstrates HSE leadership through own behaviors and a positive attitude.
- A vocal and demonstrable supporter of company programs and initiatives.
- A physical and regular presence on the ground at work sites.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years HSE experience with at least 5 years spent in a Managerial/Senior Supervisor Role preferred.
- Relevant Engineering / Science Degree and / or Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Passionate safety professional dedicated to helping HSE Nationals develop their full potential and move company towards Industry Best Practice.
- Ability to work long hours and work away from home for extended periods per the role requirements and any additional operation needs
- Self-Starter - Delivers agreed objectives without being prompted.
- An understanding and respect for Kurdish Nationals and Local Culture.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process