MSELECT is hiring a Deputy Planning Manager for an international oil and gas company in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 15 years' experience in planning and be fluent in English and ability to interpret agreements complex legal documents.
- Planning Manager
- Assists Planning Manager in providing management with expert advice and information on all Business aspects of policies, plans and decisions pertaining to company’s Operations.
- Assists Planning Manager in coordinating and efficiently managing the activities of the Planning Department.
- Provide management with the required business information including business forecasts and improvement plans.
- Assist Planning Manager in developing business strategies and plans and presents to management & partners for approval.
- Assist in coordinating marketing activities with SOMO, Partners and external stakeholder as required and ensures that the oil lifting procedure is implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure the monitoring and reporting mechanism set up by the EDPSC and Joint Venture Agreements are properly implemented.
- Oversee the WP&B development, compile and present the Management, Partners and JMC
- Supervise the budget performance reports development and analysis and present to management.
- Assists to direct and manage various economic analysis such as discounted profitability indexes, rates of return, etc. Includes analyzing economic reports generated by the Economist. Prepares final report and presents to Management as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- B.Sc. Degree in Economics\Finance or another relevant subject.
- 15 years' experience in planning, preferably in the oil and gas industry including Joint Venture projects.
- Ability to analyse complex information and prepare technical reports for presentation.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and ability to interpret agreements such as EDPSC and other complex legal documents.
- Well-developed interpersonal / communication skills.
- Computer literate, including proficiency in use of excel spread sheets.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process