MSELECT is looking to hire a Division Manager for a retail client in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in development and working out strategies in improving and must be fluent in English and Arabic.
The Division Manager is responsible for the development and working out a strategy for improving, by managing day-to-day activities, analyzing statistics and reading and writing reports. His objective is achieving maximum profitability and growth in line with the Company visions and values.
The Division Manager reports directly to the GM on all aspect and activities of the company: Budgeting, forecasts, orders, marketing strategy, assessment, development and acquisition of actual and new products.
The Division Manager liaises internally with the Divisions (Distributions, Retails, FMCG) for the turnover by brand to achieve and on orders, forecasts and actions plan for the point of sales.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services, through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence
- Oversee overall financial management, planning, systems and controls
- Management of budgets in coordination with the GM
- Development of individual program budgets
- Invoicing to funding sources, including calculation of completed units of service
- Regular meetings with GM around fiscal planning
- Supervise and coach various departments on a weekly basis
- Develop the sales strategy for the market, in line with the sales goals agreed, and ensures attainment of Company sales goals and profitability
- Initiate and coordinates development of action plans in the point of sales
- Provides timely feedback to GM regarding performance
- Manage client relationship, including not limited to Presentation of new product, problem-solving ect.
- Advice retailers and wholesalers on company’s policies and operating procedures to ensure functional effectiveness of business
- Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales and activity reports submitted by him and by divisions
- Consolidate and report to Management on a monthly basis sales reports and provide periodic analysis on sell in
- Follow up with division customer feedback and market research
- Monitor and provide feedback of activities and strategies being implemented by competitors that affect our competitive advantage
- Managing the portfolio of multinational portfolio of brands that includes major leading brands in the Perfumes & Cosmetics sector
- Establishes Marketing goals to ensure share of market and profitability of products
- Overlook marketing plans and strategies in conjunction with the divisions
- Evaluates effective control of marketing results and that corrective action takes place to be certain that the achievement of marketing objectives is within designated budgets
- Conduct market surveys on current and new product concepts. Build business plans for potential new products within the Company’s portfolio
Forecasts and Logistics
- Follow up on orders coordination of the Divisions
- Manage the stocks along with the divisions to ensure that the dormancy is kept to a minimum
- Reviews of entire stock levels
- Consolidate and report to Management on a monthly basis local reports and provide periodic analysis on sell out, sales & market share
- Create a rapport with each client/retailer in order to sustain good working relations
- Liaise with division for the accurate execution of the merchandising including but not limited to animation promotion, display ect.
Logistics & Finance
- Manage the logistic functions in all matters related to the shipments related to the division’s orders.
- Co-ordinate with the GM on Marketing budgets and approval of expenses
- follow on a weekly and monthly basis, the business analyst reports as per the business requirement
- Have a direct understanding of client needs and keep comprehensive customer data base
- Develop and implement within the division the implementation plan of fidelity card and follow up on the correct execution for the retail division.
- Prepare in coordination with the division head, the training plan
- Coordinate with the HR department on the execution of the training plan.
- Coordinate with the GM for the internal training budget
Skills /Competencies skills
- Destination & Compass – Has written business goals, has written strategic plan, writes compelling SMART goals and is committed to them, knows what must be done and why, has a developed action plan and follow the action plan, has determined possible obstacles and has a plan to deal with the obstacles, has check points and debriefs daily, and continuously monitors performance in sales closures.
- Believes in self, company and marketplace and is passionate about learning and growing. Takes responsibility for own success, doesn’t externalize, accepts challenges, does not take “no” as failure, but as an opportunity to succeed.
- Creates and sustains ongoing forums that encourage two-way communication opportunities; demonstrates and promotes positive prospect, client, and work relationships; proactively addresses and manages conflict and disputes; works to achieve constructive resolution. - Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings. - Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process