MSELECT is hiring a Drilling and Workover Supervisor for an international oil and gas operator in Kurdistan. Candidates must have a minimum 5 years of total well operations supervisory experience on drilling and workover rigs. Fluency in English is a must.
Supervise drilling, completion and workover operations at the well site. Ensure the safety, timing, cost and quality of drilling and workover operations.
- Supervise drilling and completion operations carried out by all personnel at the rig site
- Review the performance of Contractors and Services Companies
- Support any relevant audit conduct by Corporate
- Ensure that all the operations under the drilling & completion responsibility comply with the Company HSE Standards
- Ensure contractor personnel, services and materials are available at rig site when required avoiding any delay in operations
- Coordinate drilling & completion activities in accordance with programs, Company procedures and best practices
- Report the progress of the operations to the Drilling and Completion Superintendent on a regular basis, agree and implement any corrective action as necessary
- Prepare detailed Daily Operations Reports. Quality check the well data reported in company reporting system in order to provide high quality data stored in data management systems
- Prepare the operational daily costs and reconcile against planned costs
- Monitor the consumption and stock of materials available at rig site, request personnel, materials and services in good time in order to avoid any delay in operations
- Be familiar and comply with the Company established drilling operational and well control procedures
- Participate to all Risk Assessments (HAZOP_HAZID) before each operation, and ensure that all the relevant actions captured in the assessment are closed before the start of operations
- Represent the Company on all matters at the rig site
- Follow and manage the HSE performance of the Rig Contractor and Service companies as per Company HSE standards in operations
- Ensure full adherence to the Company's HSE policies, procedures and standards
- Comply with company standards for well integrity
- Work in the office with Drilling Engineering team. Actively participate in the Company Drilling Programs preparation if required.
- Assist in the preparation of technical specifications and scopes of work for tendering equipment and services for drilling & completion operations if required
- Participate to investigations in case of serious incidents
- Apply and ensure the correct application of prescribed safety standards and regulations
- Following organizational measures for the successful implementation of the well construction program, including the achievement of the Project KPI.
REGULATION OF ACTIVITIES
- Professional standards related to oil and gas
- NOSRSOK related to well control.
- Other international Oil and Gas Operators standards, procedures and best practices for well design, operations planning and well control.
- HSE Corporate standards
- Code of Business Ethics and Conduct.
- Company Charter.
- Orders and orders of the General Director of the Company, his deputies in areas of activity.
- Company executive documents.
- Job description stated herein.
- Regulations, procedures and instructions for the Energy Management System of the Companies, developed in accordance with the requirements of ISO 50001.
- Other internal documents, including local regulatory documents (LND) put into effect in the Company, local regulatory documents of the Company related to self-working responsibility area.
- Minimum - Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Petroleum Engineering with specialization in drilling.
- Drilling and Completion well Operations skills and competency.
- Skilled in all technical disciplines pertaining to a drilling, completion and workover environment.
- Excellent knowledge of well control best practices.
- Excellent knowledge in Project’s QAQC.
- Proficient in leading, delegating, motivating and mentoring Company field personnel.
- Organization of drilling and completions operations for all stages of drilling project execution and supervision.
- Knowledge of technical and technological process of drilling, completion and workover for exploration and production well including horizontal wells.
- Excellent Drilling and Completion Operations supervisory skills.
- Understanding and application of continuous improvement processes.
- Valid Well Control Certificate – supervisory level (IWCF or IADC).
- Knowledge of industry regulated acts and standards related to drilling, completion and workover.
- English language: Fluent
- 5 + years of total well operations supervisory experience on drilling and workover rigs.
- At least 3 years in the same position in independent or major International Oil and Gas Operator Companies.
- Experience in Iraq/Kurdistan is preferable.
- Working under separate services contract conditions is preferable.
- Experience of drilling with: severe mud losses including blind drilling procedure and technique, H2S saturated formations, drilling in fractured carbonate formations.
- International experience in Oil and Gas Operator’s Companies is preferable.
- Preferable competent user of Halliburton Landmark reporting software (OpenWell).
- Proficiency in MS Office package (MS Word, Excel and etc.).
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.