Oil & Gas
15 days ago
MSELECT is hiring an ESP Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Erbil. Candidates must have a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience and be fluent in English and Kurdish.
- Sr. ESP Engineer / Well Services Manager
- WS/Production Team and company Contractors
The ESP Engineer will be joining an international dynamic team and a working environment characterized by highly experienced, skilled and motivated employees. The ESP Engineer will assist the team with the well site operation, estimated cost for upcoming ESP well. He will provide support to Sr. ESP Engineer and field team with installation operation.
- Demonstrate technical leadership within the Well Services department and in particular within the ESP team.
- Monitor and quality check (QC) the overall ESP well performance optimization process to enhance production and increase ESP run life.
- Manage and communicate with vendors involved during Installation operation.
- He will be based in the Erbil Kurdistan and travel to the field and stay in the field whenever is required.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and standards
- Identifies high risk situations, documents them, and adopts risk mitigation approach
- Periodically QC and audit the ESP optimization process from data gathering through recordkeeping (including the ESP Optimization Tracker spreadsheet and Data Source NR and SR spreadsheets. Lead the Optimization Meetings, validate all optimization recommendations and follow up on post optimization monitoring
- Be able to use Prosper, Autograph, SubPUMP or other software, regularly audit random ESP models created by the ESP Technician/engineer to ensure consistent, valid models are created from the best available data and opportunities for optimization are not missed.
- Manage and update ESP Master Spreadsheet, the ESP Well Data Master spreadsheet, the Report Generator Master spreadsheet, the Weekly Report Template spreadsheet, the ESP SubPump vs Prosper Corrections spreadsheet and other key ESP team records.
- Prepare the Weekly ESP Summary Report, Weekly ESP Dashboard, Monthly ESP Dashboard and Weekly BM meeting slides in a timely manner and professional format.
- Manage and complete various Subsurface ESP team projects assigned.
- Review and validate ESP commissioning recommendations and commissioning follow up.
- Advise on all aspects of ESP engineering, applications and equipment to ensure delivery of safe and environmentally sound solutions, on time and within budget.
Skill and Experience
- Familiar with Baker, Schlumberger, GE and any other ESP system in the market.
- Must have the ability to make decisions regarding operational situations but also liaise with other team members that might be impacted by or have an interest in that decision.
- The ability to respond and make decisions in emergency situations.
- A proven team player capable of working in a multi-discipline team environment with a desire to share knowledge and train staff.
- Maintain clear and professional communications with all crew members
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in petroleum engineering or equivalent.
- 7+ years of industry experience in ESP technology plus relevant experience in aspects of petroleum engineering.
- Fluent English and good presentation skills with effective interdisciplinary communication and oilfield development skills.
- Ability to use industry software (PETEX, Autograph, SubPUMP) for design and modelling of ESP performance.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in MS Office, notably Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Leadership skills.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Computer skills, experience with MS Office
- Ability to remain focused and decisive under pressure
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process