MSELECT is looking to hire an ESP Engineer for an international oil and gas operator in Basrah. Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of experience in petroleum industry, in which at least 5 years in ESP technology. English fluency is a must.
Receive and QC all ESP daily reports and send comments to provider if any and store the reports in professional manner. Collect all necessary input data for ESP design datasheet with updated input. Propose ESPs for optimization. Investigate ESP failure and report them. Find and propose candidates for ESP installation. Monitor the overall performance of ESP wells.
- Prepare ESP datasheets and all relevant data for ESP design.
- Suitable Candidate wells selection for ESP installation with regarding to well performance, well geometry and produced fluids.
- ESP type selection in terms of size and all required components.
- Review the Design of the ESP provider and ensure the right design is fulfilled.
- Ensure the surface and downhole data acquisition and QC and stored in the dedicated folder.
- Use of Prosper, Pipesim or other software, to build ESP models and find opportunities for optimization.
- Initiate ESP start up, commissioning recommendations.
- Manage and update ESP Master Spreadsheet, the ESP Well Data Master spreadsheet, the Report Generator Master spreadsheet, the Weekly Report Template spreadsheet, the ESP SubPump vs Prosper Corrections spreadsheet and other key ESP team records
- Troubleshoot ESP performance, in liaison with field personnel, recommend remedial actions and follow up on actions taken.
- Periodically QC and audit the ESP optimization process from data gathering through record-keeping (including the ESP Optimization Tracker spreadsheet and Data Source NR and SR spreadsheets.
- Participate in the Optimization Meetings and follow up on post optimization monitoring.
- Prepare the Weekly and Monthly ESP Summary Report in a timely manner.
- Participate in the various Subsurface ESP team projects assigned
- Identify and implement initiatives and technologies to improve ESP run life.
- Daily review on the status of ESP wells and alert Well Services and Production Operations for wells offline and wells that require troubleshooting.
- Monitor and trouble shoot artificial lift performance and maintain historical records
- Trouble shoot failures in surface equipment related to artificial lift application: VSD, soft starter, step up transformer.
- Maintain updated record of VSD parameters for all ESP's Drives, review and test the ESP's safety parameters and remote data collection.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Demonstrate safety leadership and strongly advocate Health Safety and Environment (HSE) policies and guidelines. Ensure clear description and communication of subsurface risks during well operations.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub)contractor workforce
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Contractors and Suppliers and ensure that it is carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of employees.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strength and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Contribute to CSR strategy execution.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems, processes, and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Internal Subsurface team
- Drilling and Well Services Teams
- Operations and Maintenance Team
- Projects and Facilities Teams
- Asset Management Team, HSSE, Contracts & Procurement
- Basra Oil Company and Partners
- Vendors & Service providers
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- BSc Degree or equivalent in Petroleum or Electrical / Mechanical Engineering
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Fluent in English, written and oral is essential.
- At least 8 years’ experience in petroleum industry in which at least 5 years in ESP technology (with major operator is preferred)
- Proven experience in promoting and managing a strong HSSE culture for all Petroleum Engineering works performed in oil fields.
- Ability to use industry software (PROSPER, PIPESIM…) for design and modelling of ESP performance
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferred
- Demonstrated experience in VSD equipment.
- Familiar with ESP system in the market.
- A proven team player capable of working in a multi-discipline team environment with a desire to share knowledge and train staff.
- Maintain clear and professional communications with all team members.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- ESP Specialist, Surveillance Section Head
- Surveillance Section
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.